I have a migraine headache

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Ijust took a migraine pill I hope it helps. also having high anxiety too.

Could you please keep me in your thoughts and prayers .

There is other stuff going on too, but I can't stay on computer very long.

2. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Hey Hon! Sorry to hear you're dealing with the same thing I'm getting over. There's a bug out there that's causing severe, I mean, SEVERE!!!! Headaches,Migraines.

Do you know that I got rid of it after having it for 3 weeks, and today I got it back again along with blurry vision.

What I do to comfort myself.

Walmart has some ice packs, as does Walgreens and other pharmacies, that are affordable and I use those on my head.

I also eat what I call an Icy stick. It's that colored Kool-Aid or something like that, which you freeze,and then you take it out of the freezer, cut the top part of the plastic wrapping, and eat it. Or eat anthing that is cold, and make sure to drink some Sprite or 7-Up on ice, and cold water with ice as well. It really truly helps a lot better than any meds.

Also, get someone to give you a massage, a soft feather like or tickle massage, on your face, temples, head, neck, etc.

Are you having any sinus congestion at all?

Are you dizzy when you stand up?

Is your vision blurry?

I hope you find something to comfort you.

Oh, also, if you eat a good meal, and I know its hard to eat with a headache, but try anyway, make sure to have some dairy product, like yogurt or somethng, alone with some toast, and then you can take some Ibuprofen without having an empty stomach.

I've got to go do what I just told you so that I can get some relief of thismigraine.

fight ;)
  3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

If it gets too bad, please call your doctor or be seen by a doctor. I hope your pain and anxiety goes down or away.

Fight ;)
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Hope you feel better soon. I had migraines for 20 years.

The doctor had me on antidepressants as a preventative med -- they worked, then I had a pain pill that was formulated for migraines.

Like other comments ... lie down in a dark, quiet room with a cold rag on your forehead. Before you do to bed, eat some toast or something, drink a little of something with caffeine in it, too.

At times, when they were these 3-day long headaches, I had to have someone take me to the dr. for a pain shot with phenergen in it for my stomach.

Talk with your dr. about taking a preventative med daily for them.