I have a new stained glass picture to show

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

HI everyone- See my profile to see the new stained glass peice I made to donate to a silent auction for the Hospice center where my mom was.

I am sorry I haven't been around much but I have been co-chairing my art club's annual art in the park and have been working my a## for about 6 weeks.

It is tomorrow so hopefully I will be back to "normal" after this weekend. Carla
  2. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hey Carla,
    I looked in your profile to see a picture of your stained glass.
    There was nothing there.
    Did I do something wrong?
    Glad that you are back.
    I too hsae been away with one thing and another.
    Lately I have been trying to fix up some ogf my old art work [trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear].
    Take care Denamay
  3. darkwaters

darkwaters Member

Very pretty. You do such nice work.
  4. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

fer knowing about art, but that there is a good lookin piece. I like it. Hope ya get lotsa people at yer art show.
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Wow Carla, it is beautiful. How long does it take to make one of these. I would love to put one of those in the bathroom window. We have glass block in it now but I would love to have this look.

You are so talented.

6. ckball

ckball New Member

Denamay I bet you are logged onto the prohealth.com site- log into the immunesupport.com board and you will see it.

I haven't been on the prohealth side but I gather they don't have all the bugs out yet.

If anyone knows how to change a pic on the new board could you please let me know.

Hello Darkwaters, Green Onion, Mickey and Diane

This one I worked on off and on as time allowed but on a good day I would have about 10-12 hours, choosing the glass, cutting the mirror, the glass and the came.

I made this simple for times sake as I wanted to do something special, I will do something special next year. I didn't know about the event until a few weeks ago.

I am glad you like it, the glass really doesn't show it's true beauty-Carla
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I wanted to tell you again what beautiful work you do, but maybe I shouldn't since it's a silent auction.

Hope the show is a big success, and that you can catch up on your rest afterwards.

8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Rock you crack me up. I am sitting here at my desk laughing out loud and one of my co-workers walks by and starts laughing at me because I am laughting so hard.

You are so funny
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Funny, I don't feel funny. Actually I feel kinda out-of-sorts today; and kinda lustless. I mean, listless.

Have to go deal w/ an invasion in the kitchen. Ants, doncha know.

It's times like this that one wishes for a pet pangolin.

Glad to see you're feeling a little more cheerful.

10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

What beautiful work and for a great cause too! How did you learn how to do stain glass? Is it hard to do? All the best, Erika
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Your piece is just lovely. I know I could find a place in my house for one like that. You are so talented !!

Yes, I also hope that you will have a great art show anss show all you made. Rhen you really do deserve a rest.

I know you are pooped !

12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that's a beautiful piece, I hope it does well in the auction.

13. springwater

springwater Active Member

Congratulations on this piece, how wonderful to be able to create a work of art! How absorbed you must be while you go on..like a kind of meditation...best wishes for the art show

God Bless
  14. victoria

victoria New Member

As usual!

15. poets

poets Member

I love it! It's so pretty. You did a wonderful job! I hope it gets a good price.

16. sues1

sues1 New Member

17. sisland

sisland New Member

Another wonderful Piece!,,,I love those colors!,,,,,,,Sis
  18. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

What a joy to be able to create such beautiful pieces of art.

When I was still out there earning a living I did a feature story on a local man who did stained glass windows at one of our churches. His work was incredible also.

You enrich us all by allowing us to share your talent.

Now, get some rest and put some bandaids on your sure to be knicked fingers. (At least that's what the guy in my story said he needed to do).

19. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you all for of your kind words. Thank you for allowing me to share my work with you. I don't always come out with a winner, you should see the box of rejects, broken or just bad stuff I have made. I don't even know what to do with it but it is not worth taking the time to do anything thing with the leftovers and I have a lot of scrap glass anyway.

I do love the glass in this one and wish I had enough to make another one like this for the gallery. I just caught a card in the mail from the place in PA I bought this glass at and they are having a warehouse sale with just invited buyers. It is in 2 weeks and may have to make a trip and see the fall colors.

I am beat, the art show went great and I did win a 3rd place in water color and honorable mention in pastels. But am glad it is over.

Thank all of you for the wonderful support and praise, it really does mean the world to me. I really have missed being able to come here more often. Carla
  20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

....as usual, Carla!