I have a new terrible pain...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

It is between my chest and my neck so I guess ya would call it upper breast bone. This is the third day I've had it and it really hurts. Anyone elae have this pain?
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

It is between my chest and my neck so I guess ya would call it upper breast bone. This is the third day I've had it and it really hurts. Anyone elae have this pain?
  3. saffie02

saffie02 New Member

hi carla i have had that pain before. i thought i would die .it was the worst muscle spasm i have ever had.sometimes a heating pad will help them ease. sherri c
  4. PAT

PAT New Member

Or indigestion problems? I would first thing try an antacid to see if that could be the cause. The pain from indigestion can be very severe and really feel like cardiac chest pain. When a person presents to the ER with chest pain, and the vitals are stable, usually the first thing they do is try an antacid. Do you have any other symptoms? Pay attention to your breathing, pulse. Is it painful with movement, or a constant pain? Is is in one area, or spreading? There are A LOT of things to consider!!! Of course, if it gets really severe, you get any other symptoms that worry you, or feel a sense of impending doom, don't hesitate to call for help. Patti G
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can you tell if its surface pain? I get this in the upper chest so bad I almost go crazy. It is the Fibro that causes it with me. I use a rub, then the heating pad on medium heat. Thats all that seems to help.

If I mop, sweep or vacuum, I get this very bad. Have you ever tried to do these things without moving your upperarms? Its impossible.

If you think it is inward pain, like in the body? It could be something serious. Do have it checked.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl

6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

asks me if I have pain in this area every time I visit...I don't, believe it or not, but this is the ONLY place I don't! I think my neck and shoulders more than make up for it!
    Love,
    Kady
  7. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

Hi, just wanted to tell you I get this pain and so do my daughter, the first time it happened I thought I was having a heart attack I couldnt move or breath without the pain, it just became another symptom after awhile. Bye Pam.
  8. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

because it is very sore and even hurts to touch it. Its basically in that area where they call one of the points to see if you have fm. I get it in the afternoon everyday now. Maybe its because I'm trying to do certain things. I know I shouldnt be but I've been taking my son to his GED classes every am and my seat belt goes right across there so maybe its aggravating it or something. I have to drive sometimes even thou its two miles from my house, I just cant give up everything then I'd be laying down and dying. Thats what my family thinks I'm doing, giving up, but i'm not. I just dont feel like doing the things I used to do. For instance my hubby, my dad,and my brothers are going to a bluegraa festable this weekend and they want me to do. My hubby understand why I dont want to go but nobody else understand that I dont feel like going and being around a bunch of peoples besides a bunch of drunks. My nerves are shot anyways and I dont think I could handle it.I'd be the only one not drinking and I feel like a babysitter especailly with my dad cause he is 70 and drinks like a fish. I guess with all my symtons and everything going on, I just cant handle this stuff anymore. I told my hubby to go and have a good time cause he has been under alot of stress and all by taking me to docs that are3 and 4 hrs away, so I want him to go and enjoy himself. He dont want to go and leave me here but I wont be alone, my son will be here with me and my dogs and cats. Hee...Does anyone get where I'm coming from or am I being a dead head???
  9. sybil

sybil New Member

sometimes.
    if the pain is from your ribs,it will radiate around from the spine.i get severe rib pain.i have osteoarthritis in my thoracic spine and a physio once explained that about 4 of my vertabrae are rubbing together,so sometimes the nerves become inflamed and that can affect a lot of my upper body.
    it gets worse in winter,i find heat helps,

sybilxxx
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It sure could be the seatbelt! I have that problem with my daughters car. I put a piece of lambs wool across my shoulder where the belt sits. It helps, you could also use a hand towel. Also, my husband noticed, that I 'pull' myself to get in his truck, so now I learned to get in without putting my hand on the top of the door, that was also causing my chest to hurt.

Anything that touchs there or strenuous activity with cause it to flare up.

Like reaching above your head, carrying heavy stuff, pushing yourself up from a sitting position, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, gardening, lifting, pulling, etc. I could go on forever! I try not to do these things, as that pain is like someone else said;'you think you are having a heart attck!

I do things in 'slow motion' not to pull those chest muscles.

We had the kitchen remodeled, I have all drawers instead of doors now. That way I don't have to 'reach' in the lower cabinets and the tops ones are dropped from the ceiling, so they can be reached except for the top shelf without stretching, I just have to pull out drawers. I also keep step stools in all the closets, no reaching again.

I also have one of those 'Claw' things to reach things that are above my head.

What a crazy world we live in!! It takes years to learn how not to hurt yourself all the time!

Shalom, Shirl
  11. TeddiAnn

TeddiAnn New Member

Dear Friends, If you have the razor burn from the seat belt hitting your neck and should then you need to get once of those gadgets you see in the small catalogs like Harriet Carter etc. that attach to the shoulder harness and then attach down lower to the waist belt. I know believe me. I am only four feet nine 1/2 inches tall and the shoulder harness cuts into my neck. I have also used clothes pins to do the same thing. This kind of pressure can cause neck and shoulder pain. Getting the soft stuff from a car parts house that you can wrap wound the shoulder belt also helps to eliminate the burn. If this is an ongoing problem then yhou might also be putting damanaging pressure on your collar bone area. If you have ever been in an accident and had whip lash and cracked some ribs then you probably also have costo-condrisis (spelling). This can flare up during cold weather and hurt like hell. TeddiAnn
  12. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Sometimes it feels like my backbone is trying to pull my chest through it or maybe its the other way around. But boy it hurts.
    tonijo
  13. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Soma and Steriod shots and it really has helped me. I also go to the chiro's and Warm water hydrotheropy and have found them all to have helped. But, Then when my body doesn't like me, it's back, But usually not for as long and longer periods between. These above things have helped my whole body. Good luck to you and tell your doc about every and any symtom(s) you have. You never know when one maybe very serious and we can help each other but, it's not like having the doc check you out.

Take care, Kim and Gary