I have a new yogurt maker

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Apr 3, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I used to have one wayyyy back in the 70's, but lost it on one of the moves. Now I have a new one and I love it. I use dry milk and add a bit of the last batch of yogurt, so now we have plenty of yogurt for smoothies, salad dressings, etc. I'm hooked! Good bacteria in yogurt! Terri
  2. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

There is a restaurant near here that makes this awesome garlic sauce that is good on anything - like pitas, chicken, anything. They would not give me the recipe, and i have been working on cracking it. So far, i think it is fresh garlic, yogurt, a touch of olive oil and sprinkle of salt/pepper. really tasty
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

So happy for you! Sounds really easy to use. Will you share some of your recipes with us? I'd love a good salad dressing. Plain yogurt seems okay for me, but I don't know what to do with it!
    ((love)) Shannon
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Alaska...I've toyed with buying one, so would you please tell us what kind you bought? Does the yogurt taste fresher than the store-bought variety? Thanks! Ann
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Sounds like fun! I'll take some with blueberries, please.

skierchik

6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

on the salad dressings. I made one with: plain yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, a pinch of xylitol or honey, and feta cheese. It turned out very well! Sorry, I didn't measure anything...My machine is a Salton and it was hard to find. The company even had stopped making them for awhile...but I found a health food store online that had one on her shelf. I can only make plain yogurt, but then you can add fruit, jam, sweetener, whatever you like. I figure I'm making a quart at a time for about half the cost. The consistency of the yogurt is a bit different than store bought...a little less smooth. The taste can be varied by how long you cook it...longer makes it tangier. Take care everyone!
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Thanks Alaska for the info...sounds yummy!

Blessings, Ann