I have a nice shiner on my lip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Apr 10, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Well, I feel so stupid. I was at the post office and as I was getting back into my car, I went to shut my car door and I slammed the door into my mouth. The edge of the door at the top colllided with my lip. I have a big ugly dark blue bruise on my lip. When I first looked, blood was running out of my mouth.

Boyfriend was in the car and he said what was that??? The noise of the car hitting my mouth. He said he heard it hit and he said it shook the car.

Everyone is staring at me. Boyfriend says "Great, now everyone is gonna think I popped ya right in the mouth!!"

I feel soooo clumsy sometimes!!!
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Darn car Doors! i've bumped my Head a few times when getting out of the car on the door! Not Fun! Hope you Feel better!,,,,,,,,,,I think with these DD's we Have a miscalculation of distance sometimes!,,,Ice pack! ,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,S
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good thing it wasn't school picture day.

Hope you're all healed up in a couple days.
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Ouch! Hope the pain has subsided. Did you ice it or do anything to help with the swelling? Hope its feeling better soon. Kim :)
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

ouch, I also have a honda accord, and that sharp corner is exactly what hit my lip. Hurt like he--!!!

Thanks for all the support. I did not put ice on it or anything, just letting it heal on its own. It's darker today than it was yesterday. It's ugly, but getting better!!!

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

fell down apt stairs...come to find out i was so tired missed a step then i found out i had shingles a few days later...

sounds like you are taking care of it .

7. kriket

kriket New Member

Thanks!! Sounds like that would hurt- falling down the stairs plus shingles. Shingles alone are painful enough!!!

8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Well, tonight I opened up one of the upper cabinet doors in the kitchen and then proceeded to stand up from my mobility scooter. I stood up and whacked the corner of the kitchen cabinet door right into the top of my head.

Now I know what they mean about "seeing stars". I have a huge painful lump on my noggin'. Maybe we can share an ice pack!
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

joyfully- you are not so full of joy right now huh? Yes. You had better ice your noggin!!! LOL Hope your head does not get too sore or bruised!!! Take care!! Next time you see stars, hopefully it will be outside in the sky!!! LOL Take Care!!! HUGS!!!

[This Message was Edited on 04/11/2007]