I have a pain in my lower abdomanom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Nov 5, 2002.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

that is new. It is not excruciating, but it is constant and very uncomfortable. I have my period, but it is nothing like a menstrual cramp. I can't eat and often feel like I am going to vomit. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
  2. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

that is new. It is not excruciating, but it is constant and very uncomfortable. I have my period, but it is nothing like a menstrual cramp. I can't eat and often feel like I am going to vomit. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
  3. tes

tes New Member

This is all so familiar to me. I developed this symptom about 3 months ago. I got worried so had some tests done by my doctor. I was checked for gallbladder, ulcer, liver function etc. I also had an abnomen and rib x-ray done. All seemed normal. I know what you mean when you say it's not excruciating but just constant. I'm still able to walk and do some things but it's always there. It's not a cramping pain like when I have my period yet a weird kind of cramping. Almost like my intestines are twisting. Is your pain around the belly button area? That's where I fell mine. My abnomen x-ray showed alot of gas built up. My doctor is starting to suspect IBS. It causes abnominal pain and cramping, bouts of diarrhea and constipation and alot of gas. Does this sound like you. I have this pain right now. Last night it was soooo bad. Do your lower ribs hurt as well? I know how frustrating it can be, but if your in doubt see your doctor. Like to hear back from you.

take care,
    Tes
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

and how long have you had it? Lower abdominal pain and nausea/vomiting, also fever, are some symptoms of appendicitis.
  5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

But with the pain and not being able to eat & feeling like your going to vomit, I would call the dr..We just had someone on another board with same symptoms who is at the dr. right now..Your appendics is on your right, but you can get pain on your left too..Running any temp..
    Really you should call the dr...
    Take Care........Donna
  6. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

You should see a doctor if you are in pain.
  7. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

The person on the other board I was talking about, came back from the dr. with a diagnosis of diverticulitis..Which should be treated by a dr..I'm not saying that is what you have, but when you have pain like that it should always be checked out...........
    Take Care........Donna