I have a PRAISE to share....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by craziC, Dec 16, 2004.

1. craziC

craziC New Member

Not sure how many of you remember the issues I had with my parents and family. Well, my parents, hubby and I got together for lunch on Sunday. They asked for forgiveness for what they did to us. They want to start over and work on our relationship.

My mother realizes how controlling she was with me since I was little. She also appologized for that. I feel so much better!! What a horrible weight I've been carrying around for almost 2 years.

I was suprised at myself at how easy it was for me to fogive them. No matter how badly they hurt me, I am finally able to open my heart to them.

I know it won't be easy and I'm still going to guard my heart. One step at a time right? Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you and thank you all for praying for me when I needed it most!

Hugs & Health,
    Crazi
  2. joy4Him

joy4Him New Member

I am so happy for you!!! God is sooooo great and he can do the impossible just when think there is nothing else we can do and that's just it, we can't do anything with out His help. I have had problems with my out-laws, LOL, but at times it's ok, I just accept them and know that is how they are. Good luck to you.

Hugs,
    Ginny
  3. Lupian

Lupian New Member

You really shine! TO be forgiving, as we are called to do, is not easy and you have done it - your light shines! I'm happy for you, for the future which now starts on different shoes, and goes forward. To have rid yourself of that terrible weight- maybe the new shoes are ballet slippers? Bless you - and thank you for letting us walk a little way with you in your journey.
    Hugs
  4. craziC

craziC New Member

Thanks for responding. I'm still amazed at how I reacted to the visit with my parents. I was ready to move on and let go of the hurtful feelings I was holding on to. It wasn't easy and I know things will take time.

Thanks again!
    Hugs,
    Crazi
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so happy for you. I pray that more and more healing will occur. God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

That is a beautiful message. Thanks for sharing and continued success with your relationship with your parents. May God Richly Bless you. Kgangel (Kristin)