I have a question about aloe and the guafenisin protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Natedagw821, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Natedagw821

Natedagw821 New Member

Hi all,

I'll make this short and sweet: I know that pretty much all razors in the store come with an aloe strip. I am on the guafenisin protocol and I know that I can't have aloe come in contact with my skin. Last night I got some mach 3 razors and I used a knife to "strip off" all of the aloe. Basically the blue layer is gone.

Is this OK, or should I get some razors without the aloe strip?

Where do they sell razors without the aloe strip? What brands are there w/o an aloe strip?

2. Lindaanne

Lindaanne New Member

There is a place for Guia people it's fibromyalgiatreatment.com and go to guia group link on the right and join the Guiagroup. That's a great help for product and guia questions.
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi Nathan. you are right you can't use aloe. I buy my razors at Albertsons I think they are made by bic? They are single blade all yellow in color and cheap in cost. Try a dollar store maybe. As long as you got all the aloe off the razors should be fine.
    BIG TIP: No walking barefoot on the grass-that one blocks alot of folk in the summer time.
    Take care Dee50
  4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Yes, what you're doing is OK - make sure all the strip is gone. I pull the aloe strips of with tweezers before using the razor blades.

If you miss the moisturising effect of the strip, you can shave with a (sal safe) hair conditioner.

Good luck with the protocol!