I have a question about some meds. Hope someone can help>

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pands45, Dec 8, 2002.

1. pands45

pands45 New Member

I just started taking Zoloft and I was wondering if anyone else has taken this while preg? However I am not preg. as of yet but am trying. If so, how did everything go? Please help, I am nervous. Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2002]
  2. pands45

pands45 New Member

I just started taking Zoloft and I was wondering if anyone else has taken this while preg? However I am not preg. as of yet but am trying. If so, how did everything go? Please help, I am nervous. Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2002]
  3. opala

opala New Member

I am also on Zoloft. haven't tried taking it while pregnant, and really not qualified to offer med advice, but here goes anyway....

I would suggest talking to your doctor about the possiblity of getting pregnant and what the best plan of attack is as far as meds go. I know that the instructions that come with Zoloft say you should not take while nursing or pregnant. Please do not risk birth defects. I know there are medications that can be taken while pregnant without ill-effects toward your baby. Your doc should be able to give you more info on that.

Hope this helps!!

--Michelle
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I couldn't agree with Michelle more! Work with your doctor regarding pregnancy & meds that are acceptable!! I don't have any experience with Zoloft, but you definitely need good medical advice BEFORE getting pregnant. But don't give up that dream---my best friend has lupus & was on many meds; gave birth to two healthy children (reduced or eliminated altogether some meds while pregnant; increased others, so as to have a comfortable but healthy & safe pregnancy). Its definitely do-able if you want it, just get a doctor's advice. And good luck to you!!!

Hugs,
    Pam