I have a question about SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peggyjo, Oct 12, 2002.

1. peggyjo

peggyjo New Member

Hi! My name is Peggy I am new.My husband is on SSD we have always been told that only 1 spouse can get SSD does it maybe depend on what state you live in we live in Ark.
  2. peggyjo

peggyjo New Member

Hi! My name is Peggy I am new.My husband is on SSD we have always been told that only 1 spouse can get SSD does it maybe depend on what state you live in we live in Ark.
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

so it shouldn't matter what state you are in. Also I think there might be a couple of people on the board who husband and wife are both on SSD.

Peggyjo, I would like to welcome you to the board. You will find there is alot of info and very nice people on this board.

Also, the board is slow on the weekends, so I expect you will be receiving alot more replies come Monday.

Again,
    Welcome
    Cindy
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi Peggy,
    Welcome to the board. You will find a wealth of information here. To get SSD, you must have enough work credits to qualify, and be 100% disabled in THEIR opinion. It does not matter if your husband has it or not. It depends only on your work credits. I am just starting the application process, and have been inundated with paperwork. Prepare for a battle, but if you believe you need it, fight for it!
    Best of luck to you,
    Kathryn