I have a question for anyone whose tried the scd

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blizzybear, May 20, 2006.

1. blizzybear

blizzybear New Member

I started two weeks ago, i have constant bloating and pressure, week two i got diarhea, i have had it for a week, but i think it is unrelated because i normally just have bad bloating and pressure from ibs. has anyone had luck and if so found a web site with a support group, i have had no lick figuring the support web sites out,
  2. jess

jess New Member

Do you mean the specific carbohydrate diet? I have tried it and pretty much have been on it for over a year. I do feel better but I do get episodes once in a while. I don't think it's from the diet. I believe it's from being on prilosec. That is because it blocks stomach acid. You can get all sorts of digestive problems with little stomach acid. I told a friend with colitis about it and it worked for him. He feels so much better. Could it be you have problems from the fruit and vegetables you might be eating? I hope you can figure it out. Jess
  3. blizzybear

blizzybear New Member

thanks jess, has anyone found a support web site for this diet, i have had no luck getting into one, it is a hard diet but i am so miserable with bloating and pressure i will do anything.