I have a question for everyone...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Does anyone live in a high altitude mountain area or do we all live pretty much at sea level. I was wondering because when I went to Vermont and stayed in the higher altitude mountains, I didnt have pain like I do here in West Virginia. Of course they dont have the humidity we have and stress was not a factor at that time but I'm curious because its something that I thought of cause when I was there I was pain free.
    Thanks all
    Carlacat
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Does anyone live in a high altitude mountain area or do we all live pretty much at sea level. I was wondering because when I went to Vermont and stayed in the higher altitude mountains, I didnt have pain like I do here in West Virginia. Of course they dont have the humidity we have and stress was not a factor at that time but I'm curious because its something that I thought of cause when I was there I was pain free.
    Thanks all
    Carlacat
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and my pain is chronic and in many specific areas of my body. I have always lived in this area and have suffered with extreme sensitivity to touch for 25 years.
    Does this info help?
    Kady
  4. susie

susie New Member

When I went with my son on vacation to N.Carolina we were in the Smokies and we stayed in a cabin up on a mountain and I felt real good.We stayed for 6 days.When we got to Lexington.Ky.coming home I could hardly get out of the car.I had to force myself to walk.When I got home I was sick for 2 weeks.I live in Ft. Wayne,In.If I thought there was a conection there I would move there in a flash.The Dr. said it was probably due to the quietness and fresh air.Just being somewhere else out of all the stress of everyday living.He might have something there.
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

We live near sea level. We were up above 4000 feet on vacation the last of August, & I had two absolutely miserable nights & the rest pretty good. I attribute it to the lack of stress & the presence of family that I don't see nearly often enough. I blame my most recent problems on the fact that we are getting ready to paint prior to listing the house & I am just plain overdoing it. The boss built a fire this afternoon, so I am really feeling ok even though tired. I do think the dry heat from the woodstove is beneficial, at least to me.
    Kathryn
  6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I live at sea level about 10 blocks from the ocean. I noticed that I felt worse on vacation to Colorado, where we were at elevations 6,000 feet and above.

Hippo
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2002]
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

I've never been to Vermont so I can't comment on it, but I've been going to the Rockies most of my life. The past few times I had a real problem with altitude sickness, which would correlate with when I think I began having CFIDS symptoms.

Barbara
  8. herblady

herblady New Member

i live on the gulf coast. when i go home to visit west virginia i always hurt. i don't know why. i go to charleston, i don't know where you are. but i force myself to go walking in the mountainous woods i love so much anyway. there are so MANY medicinal herbs growing there, a virtual treasure trove. cindi
  9. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I live in Parkersburg WV. Near the ohio river, maybe its the dampness from the river..who knows.
    Carlacat
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm from Denver, The Mile High City, and I now live at sea level not too far from the beach in Florida. It seems to make no difference where I am, the pain and fatigue are the same. I did lose my asthma when I moved here due to the increase in humidity. Denver's air was too thin, too dry, and too polluted for me.

Love, Mikie
  11. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi Carlacat,

I'm with Mikie, high or low, generally makes no difference. I live a few feet above sea level, and often go to the Sierra Mtns. Summer or winter, makes no difference.

I can visit family in the dry desert (just outside Death Valley), I live in the north coast area with moderate humidity - it's hot there, hot here, no dif.

I DID find a Caribbean trip this past spring cleared my sinuses & lungs like never before, and reduced pain levels significantly. But, when I hit the Miami airport and all its accompanying stressors, the pain was back full force, so I attributed my respite to the lack of stress while vacationing.

Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  12. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Hi,
    I just got backfrom 6 days in SC and like Suzie I live in In. I think also it is from being stress free and just being some where else. I had very little pain while I was gone but alot when I got home.
    tonijo
  13. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member