I have a question re: CFS, CAN YOU HELP??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraA, Oct 9, 2002.

1. LauraA

LauraA New Member

Hi, my name is Laura Akers. 34 yrs old. Mother of 4. Had a MVA 5/6/96, dx FMS. I also have CFS I believe. I've read most everything on fms/cfs. Also have other problems like IBS, headaches, carpel tunnel, some arthritis in cervical area... You get the idea.

I am always soooo tired, which fatigue goes along with FMS too but, I've started doing something else. In the last year approx. I started having these "fatigue attacks" as my husband & I call them now. When they first started they were just here and there. Now I have them almost daily.It does not matter where, when or what I'm doing. I'm fully awake (feeling like crap of course, but awake). Then in a matter of 2 seconds I'm dead to the world. It hits me like a ton of bricks. I can't keep my eyes open, I cant do anything but go to bed and sleep.

**HAS ANYONE HAD THIS KIND OF THING HAPPEN TO THEM?? **
    Could this be part of CFS?

My pain doc told me to check with my family doc, check for narcolepsy. He said also low blood sugar could do that but I've had problems with low bld sugar for yrs and its not that I know.
  2. LauraA

LauraA New Member

Hi, my name is Laura Akers. 34 yrs old. Mother of 4. Had a MVA 5/6/96, dx FMS. I also have CFS I believe. I've read most everything on fms/cfs. Also have other problems like IBS, headaches, carpel tunnel, some arthritis in cervical area... You get the idea.

I am always soooo tired, which fatigue goes along with FMS too but, I've started doing something else. In the last year approx. I started having these "fatigue attacks" as my husband & I call them now. When they first started they were just here and there. Now I have them almost daily.It does not matter where, when or what I'm doing. I'm fully awake (feeling like crap of course, but awake). Then in a matter of 2 seconds I'm dead to the world. It hits me like a ton of bricks. I can't keep my eyes open, I cant do anything but go to bed and sleep.

**HAS ANYONE HAD THIS KIND OF THING HAPPEN TO THEM?? **
    Could this be part of CFS?

My pain doc told me to check with my family doc, check for narcolepsy. He said also low blood sugar could do that but I've had problems with low bld sugar for yrs and its not that I know.
  3. LauraA

LauraA New Member

I understand completely, i agree with everything you said. My doc checked some labs 1-2yrs ago, Epstein-Barr was elevated so yeah, i got dx with Mononuclesosis. Which drained me. I had B-12 injections, put on 2 meds to try and increase my energy. I got a big fat ZERO, from all that including the B-12 inj. I really appreciate your input re: "fatigue attacks", I just figured thats what it was (cfs) but i hadn't read about it in any literature.

Good luck to you & God Bless.

We have to praise God on good days and espically on bad days b/c we are alive able to do some things so we do need to be thankful for that.
    **I can say that now b/c so far today i've been having an "OK" day. (I won't be so positive when I'm down in the bed and in severe pain. I feel like dying those days)