I have a question...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LisaAnn81, Nov 27, 2002.

1. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

I was wondering if anyone experiences black outs? Like when you get up from lying down and get a bit dizzy and everything goes black but then a few seconds later you are fine again?

This has been happening to me since I was 16 and I was wondering if it could be a part of FMS. Any feed back would be great.

Thank You!!!

Lisa
  2. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

I was wondering if anyone experiences black outs? Like when you get up from lying down and get a bit dizzy and everything goes black but then a few seconds later you are fine again?

This has been happening to me since I was 16 and I was wondering if it could be a part of FMS. Any feed back would be great.

Thank You!!!

Lisa
  3. Magnolia

Magnolia New Member

This is not "a part of FMS". It is a separate condition.

When we become dizzy and everything goes black when we get up from lying down, this is called "postural hypotension".

If you are experiencing this under ordinary circumstances, it is an indication of a condition which MUST be investigated by your physician.

What has your physician said so far?

Sincerely,
    Magnolia
  4. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

When I told my Dr. about it she said it was normal for that to happen. I guess I should go to another Dr. about this.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

Lisa