I have a stupid question

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ajp, Jul 7, 2006.

1. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi All,

Happy weekend to everyone! Just wanted to let you know that my LLMD's office called and he wants to see me on Monday. So I guess that is a good thing after my severe pain reaction to Biaxin.

I am feeling ok, still some leg pain, but definitely much less of that burning pain. Do you all get that? I hate it.

Anyway, back to my question. If you have a herx with the antibiotics, does that definitely mean you have Lyme?

See, I was clinically diagnosed. But I do believe I have Lyme and looking back over the past five years...I see all of the Lyme symptoms. And I definitely have been getting sicker each year. I am even wondering if I had it in the late 80's when I was diagnosed with CFS. But I just wondering if herxing is considered proof of Lyme? Do regular people who take long term abx herx too?

I know I can ask all of you here, because, you are all so educated about Lyme and won't laugh at my question.

Anybody?

Love Mindy
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I would say that yes, it is a pretty good indication that you do have Lyme disease. "Normal" people don't herx on antibiotics. I get that awful burning pain. I get it in my shoulders and hips. It is truly horrible, nothing like it. I am thankful it isn't everyday, just on a bad herx I'll get it. Although I have had it as long as a week at a time before. It is dreadful.

Mindy, don't be afraid to ask anything no matter how silly you think it may be, I ask some things I am embarassed about sometimes myself. We are all here to help each other.

I am glad your pain is getting a bit better. Hopefully the worst of it is behind you now? We can hope.

Your friend,
    Kellyann
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Mindy, nobody knows all the answers, even the LLMDs have some disagreement; I think we are all helpful to each other, I thank heaven for the internet every day!

It will be interesting to see, if your LLMD has you tested again, if you come up positive, as many long-term chronic lyme people do not until they have been taking abx for a while... I would assume this means the abx force the Lyme into the bloodstream from inside cysts and/or cells.

I am always amazed tho at the overlap in the types of antibiotics used for the different possible stealth infections and/or all the possible co-infections - I keep seeing the same ones mentioned over and over, so if it isn't exactly Lyme, you may be killing something else that is equally killed off by the biaxin.

Yep, the burning pain is common... at least you know that something is happening, there's some comfort in knowing that!

all the best,
    Victoria