I have a symptom I've never had, does someone please know....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aduck, Jul 21, 2003.

1. aduck

aduck New Member

Can someone please tell me what this may be other than inflammation, maybe it's just inflammation, I don't know.

Anyway, there's NO redness, and my actual knee joint is not at all sore or stiff or tender or red, but ABOVE the knee is a little swollen and lumpy and VERY VERY SORE AND TENDER!! I can't use the muscle above my knee it's so sore and tender. I've never had this before. I have to walk with a straight leg. It hurts to touch it. It's a rather large area about 3-4 inches from my knee up and all across the front of my thigh. It has gotten a little worse and I've had it for 5 days and it came on suddently. Just woke up with it that way! I'm so perplexed. Is this common in FMS? I've been ill with this CFS/FMS stuff for over 10 years and have never had this.

I have NOT strained it in any way, it's definitely NOT a pulled muscle or anything. It feels like there may be fluid in there and lumpy. Can a cancerous tumor thing come on suddently? I know I'm probably overreacting but I had to ask. Thanks!
  2. Carmellaf

Carmellaf New Member

Is it in the back of the knee.
    If so maybe it is a Baker's Cyst?

Not sure if this is what it is or not but thought I would try and help you out a little.
  3. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

hi ive been bugging out about my knee its not red or anything it feel like pulling and tight behind it and my thigh i never had this but it hurts like crazy i thought tight nuscle cant figure it out.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Aduck, is it possible that something bit you, say a spider, or some kind of bug? I had something like this last year, it was a spider bit. But it was on my arm and hands.

But you might want to at least ask your pharmacist, if you can't get to the doctor soon.

A big welcome to Carmell and Vnr27, I see you are both new to the boards.

I would like to ask you to read our 'Messageboard Rules'listed at the top left of this page. It will help you navigate the boards and also know the board rules too.

Sure hope we hear from you both often, and again a big welcome to you!

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 07/21/2003]
  5. aduck

aduck New Member

but the tissues ABOVE my knee in the front part of my thigh, a large area. Many lumpy areas. I'm perplexed, too. Thanks to both of you for your response, and I hope others can help all of us figure out these things :)

Thanks!
  6. aduck

aduck New Member

about tissue swelling above the knee after a knee injury, because I just remembered I accidentally slammed my knee up against a VERY hard piece of furniture on the corner, and this was about a month ago, though. It really hurt for a few days right on the knee cap. But maybe the inflammation is just now expanding to the tissues above the knee. My knee joint is not at all stiff or sore or tender, and that's the strange thing.

Thanks soooo much everybody. I'm hoping if I don't use my leg too much the swelling will just go away, else I'll see a rhuemy like someone suggested. Now I'm not so worried since I know a few things it could be rather than something real real serious like cancer or something.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2003]