I have a theory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Jan 27, 2006.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Ok first my disclaimer, I am NOT a health care professional, just a curious person.

My hubby has high triglycerides and is pre-diabetic. He also has high cholesterol and controlled hypertension. He is 29.

My hubby eats a HORRID diet. LOTS of fast food and simple sugars. he is actually eating better now but this is the way he has eaten for the 9 years I have known him.

My theory is this:
    Fat stabilizes blood sugar in the same way that protien does (or so I have heard). If this is true, then when you eat sugary foods habitually it would seem to me your body would release fat into the bloodstream to try to control the ups and downs in blood glucose levels that would happen after every meal. Thus leading to habitually high blood lipid levels.

Does this make sense to anyone else or am I crazy??
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It sounds plausible, but knowing that the body loves to keep its fat, would it first release protein into the blood before giving up its precious fat....or does the body release protein into the blood? I don't even know that much.

But, I'm sure you're not crazy. Glad your husband is eating better...he is really young to have these problems. Is there a family history or do you think it's mainly lifestyle?

Interesting thoughts!

Sue