i have all the tender points BUT?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onnaroll, Nov 14, 2005.

1. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

Honestly i could write a book about my life of pain but here goes.(This is hard though cause im not much of a writer) lol ill try to keep it short. well when this beast hit me it hit hard!!!!!!- THERE WERE NO BOUNDRIES Lets just say if this was cancer i guess i still woudnt be here. although this is very hard for me here goes . at first i was sick sick sick a would catch everything! weird stuff, i was trimbling horribly from knife stabbing pains in arms , i had a rash on my face just like a alcaholic would. and then a lIttle pressure on my back the literally went off, there was soo much pain!!! i couldnt believe it! arms shoulders therotic and lower back.LIKE BEING RAN OVER BY A TRUCK! I Just dont understand why im soo diff then everyone(WELL IT SEEM LIKE IT)The days that followed wher so scary cause now i couldnt lay on my back or drive or do anything WITHOUT HORRIBLE PAIN! I WAS TOTALLY BED RIDDEN FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE THAT WOULD BE MY HEATING PAD. DIDNT HAVE GOOD PAIN CONTROL AT ALL THEN. OR A DIAGNOSES ANYWAY MY PAINS LOCAL NOW ONLY IN MY MIDDLE BACK WHERE IT STARTED AFTER THE HORRIFIC SHOTING ANNOYING PAINS IN MY ARMS AND SHOULDERS. anyone have any advice for me?? if this was a lung prob- WOULD I BE GETTING WORSE? OR DEAD FOR THAT MATTER. DO YOU THINK I NEED MORE TEST ANYONE? THANKS FOR HELPING ME,CANT GET THIS OUT OF MY MIND
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

With your diagnosis if FMS, you should have had a battery of lab tests. These are done so other causes of the symptoms may be ruled out. FMS is only FMS if there is no other cause found. Here are some basic tests for FMS as suggested by Erich D. Ryll, MD. These are:

CBC ( A )
    ESR ( A )
    Quantitative C Reactive Protein ( A )
    Chem Panel (Roche #040048) and Hi Sensitivity TSH ( A ).
    Circulating Immune Complex (C10, Raji Cell Conglutin Immune Pag Immune Assay)
    Immune globulins (Iga, IgM, IgA) ( A )
    C3, C4, CH 60 Complement Level ( A )
    T & B Cell Study ( A )
    NA Analyzer Panel ( B )
    24-Hour Urine Creatine ( A )
    Lyme Serology Panel ( H )
    Natural Killer Cell Study (NKC Activity Assay) ( C )
    IgG Subclasses (A)
    Interleukin I & II Soluble receptor ( B )
    Tumor Necrosis Factor ( D )
    Transforming Groth Fectar Beta ( A )
    Lyaph enumeration Panel ( B )
    Epstein-Barr Virus Panel ( B )
    Alpha Interferon ( B )
    HIV ( A )
    EBV, CMV, HHV6 Ab and Enteroviral Serologies, ( IgG & IgM in each case) ( D )
    CPK mm.
    Hepatitis A, B, & C

This would help the doctor rule out any other possibility that might be causing your symptoms.

You might check with your doctor to see which tests have been done, and perhaps he/she may consider more tests. A chest x-ray might be really needed given your symptoms.

Hope that you are feeling better soon!

Jeannette
  3. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

ive had 3 chest x ray, but they woundnt give me a ct scan.ive had alot of test full body bone scan mri of neck and back . I CANT EVEN THINK OF THEM ALL NOW. IVE ALSO SEEN A PULMANOLAGIST CANT SPEEL..LOL LUNG DOC TWICE, YOU WOULD THINK AFTER TELLING HIM MY COMPLANTS HE WOULD HAVE DONE A CT GEEZ IM READY TO GIVE UP ! THIS HAS WENT ON FOR 5 YEARS
  4. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

should i request all my medical test and lab work exc..i mean what if?? Im sorry, i just getting tierd of fighting this battle. my appeal should be coming up soon . i was denied twice . so this is my third go at this. my attorny thinks i have a good case, all except my age was a factor. whats that got to do with it anyway when you have oviously been through sooo much?? can anyone give me good advice, i dont want to lose this time, im so sick with worry about my health issues and my disabillity.
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

when it happened I went straight to the doctor.I couldn't lay down without the intense pain.The doctor was able to give me some meds to relieve the pain and to sleep.Find a doctor you trust and see him/her.I still have pain in my middle back but the meds have made the pain bearable.Nice to meet you.Linda
  6. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I like you, have said that if this DD was terminal, I would have been dead a long time ago. My suggestion to you is find a good doctor that is familiar with these conditions and don't settle for one until you find out what is wrong. I didn't read your bio so I don't know where you live but I would ask who the best doctor close to you is and try them out. Best wishes for the up coming days.
    Stinker56
  7. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Sorry to hear about your pain. I know it can be frustrating to get a diagnosis. It took me about 5 years and about every test imaginable to finally get a diagnosis. I had all the blood work under the moon, sleep study, EKG, EEG, CT scan, ultra sounds, and many more I can't even remember. They have to rule everything else out before they can give you a fibro and/or CFS diagnosis since there are no specific tests for this DD.

Hang in there!!
  8. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

thank all, my problem is i have had all test, and two doc have diagnosed this as fibor,just seem like my symtoms are alot differant.(AND I CANT GET THE ISUSES OUT OF MY HEAD) thanks again so nice to meet you all!
  9. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW WELCOME YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL . IT MEANS MORE TO ME THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW. HAD MYSELF A COUPLE OF GOOD CRIES TODAY. DONT THINK I TOOK MY D-MEDS YESTERDAY. OOPS LOL I THINK I REALLY NEEDED IT. DID SO MUCH CLEANING TODAY THAT MY PAINs WAY WORSE TONIGHT THE WHOLE RIGHT RIB CAGE HURTS. WELL GOING TO PLAY SOME WORDSCAPE ! TOO KEEP MY MIND OF THE PAIN! JUST GOT DONE EXERCISING A LITTLE TO. IT HELPS A LITTLE THAT AND MORE PAIN MEDS. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! BIG HUGS TO ALL