I have always wanted to ask this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by momof27, Jun 15, 2008.

1. momof27

momof27 New Member

do any of you have heavy arms and legs, some pain but mostly heavy and none working limbs, I start to reach for something and realize I don't have the streanght to pick it up ,

or I know now if I do pick it up I might drop it, sometimes clothes are to heavy to get off a hanger,after lifting arms up to get it ,it's all the strenght I have left, I have to sit down a minute to go again

arms that hurt but more that they are to tired to work mixed with nerve pain, and achey
    [This Message was Edited on 06/15/2008]
  2. jami117

jami117 New Member

Now I have that problem periodically, but there was a long time when my energy switch was stuck on off!! One of the most disturbing things for me at that time was that I didn't even have enough energy to pet my kitties. Luckily, they're smart, so they learned to walk back and forth next to the couch or the bed as I let my arm hang over the side. My fingers would touch their backs as they paced - it wasn't perfect, but they did get that all-important (for me as well as them) touch.

I try to pay attention when I'm loosing strength or energy, but sometimes it gets ahead of me. Last night I picked up a favorite dish to dust it and promptly shattered it on my brick floor. Just wasn't holding it tight enough. When I feel the arms giving out again, I try to roll with it and accept that my hair won't get washed for a while, and though the laundry will get washed, it will live on a chair in my bedroom rather than in the drawers and the closet!

My legs do the same at times. I try to use those days to simply rest and perhaps sort through paperwork which piles up now like it never did before I had this DD!

Gentle hugs,

3. homesheba

homesheba New Member

its all i can do at times to even brush my teeth...
    i have 4 dogs that i love dearly and i feel so bad about not being able to play with them like they need.
    i know it sounds dumb-
    but not being able to have kids, they are the best i can do right now for companionship and that maternal instinct i have still.
    too tired to visit others children,
    so here i sit.
    wishing i had a life...
  4. momof27

momof27 New Member

5. redhearts2

redhearts2 New Member

I was once upon a time such an efficient and productive person.....OCD, anal LOL, almost...and now i've become ...whatever this is?? .. pushing myself just to accomplish simple everyday tasks....saving energy just to be able to spend a few hours a couple times a week with my 1yrs.old grandson... A few short 5/6 yrs ago....i worked full time with a few x-tra jobs on the side..owned my own home, had two dogs, a bf, a good life!! Today i am unemployed, too fatigued and in pain to work, sold my home..lost bf...lost my pets...lost alot of my friends..living in sectin 8 housing...in debt and struggling to make it thru everyday....Apologize for the vent...but..thanks for listening!!!
  6. Doober

Doober New Member

what you mean.

When I do repetitive things like washing the dishes, or using a srewdriver or something esle where I am do the same motion several times. The more I do it, the more my arms get tired.

My legs get tired and heavy some days when walking for a long time. This actually causes me pain in my lower back.

My back from the neck down to the lower portion starts to tingle and get like it is numb sometimes.

When these things happen and I go to sit down to rest, the muscles start to hurt.

When my arms get like that after activity, I am afraid to pick something up sometimes because I am afraind to drop them.
  7. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

That happens to me a lot. I had to take a rest part way through hanging a shower curtain the other day.

Of course, my boyfriend, who is kind in every other way, thinks that all I need to do is get some more excercise and I'll be fine.....ughhhh...whenever he hints at that, I just say DO NOT even go there and change the subject.

sue in ontario
  8. dollinitup

dollinitup New Member

At 5'6" and 129 lbs, seem impossible but I feel like I weigh a ton. Just to roll over in bed through the night that heaviness is the one thing I think about everytime I'm awaken by it.Of course there is the pain and discomfort there as well but I can't get past that heavy feeling.

Good thing I don't have a hang up about my weight. I look in a mirror and I say to myself "I don't look like I'm heavy why do I feel so sluggish". It is awful.