I Have An Erythma On My Face

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mikie, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I woke up with a red spot on my lower cheek near the jawline. Since I have a sinus infection, I asked my doc to look at it. He wasn't sure what it is but ordered steroidal cream for it and Bactrim for my sinusitis.

Talked to DD, the nurse. She correctly diagnosed my spot as an erythma. I looked it up and, sho nuff, there it was. It can be cause by taking a new med, especially an anitseizure drug (Maybe like lorazepam), Herpes Simplex or mycoplasma infections. Well, golly gee, it was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my CFIDS/ME full blown. I used to get cold sores but haven't had them in years. Still, I'm taking Acyclovir for six weeks. When I finish the Bactrim for my sinus infection, I'll ask the doc for six week's worth of Doxycycline. I suppose, considering the horrible reaction I had, that the lorazepan might have caused it. For all I know it was caused by the sinus infection.

I am using colloidal silver directly on the spot and am taking it under my tongue. I want to get rid of this thing. If it's erythma multiform minor, it will likely be the only spot I get. If it's major, it could come back all over the place. There is another type of erythmas which can lead to Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and death in 5 to 15 percent of cases. Yikes! Think I'll make an appt. with the dermatologist just to make sure. The article said the lesion should be biopsied.

Has anyone else had this?

Love, Mikie
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I had to look this up because I had never heard of it. I did a search, mainly to see if oil of oregano could help. Here's a link. I take O of O every other day to keep flu/cold germs away. A friend had a gum infection and found it also works, so I use it as a "mouth rinse" after I've flossed in the evening and then as a gargle. It's amazing stuff and it's all natural.

http://divinelytoxic.blogspot.com/p/herbal-remedies.html
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

deal with Roseaca? These 2 are connected....I'd bet the grapeseed extract would help with this condition too.
    Working on the "inside" to keep the "outside" free of issues.

I don't deal with Roseaca but I know grapeseed ex has gotten rid of moles/birthmarks over the years....Pretty amazing.

Just got my 70 yr old brother to take it, so he can have some better life of what he has left in his years.

I know you could NOT take it while on guai, and I think you said you no longer take guai since the peptides have done so much for you.

Oh well, my thoughts as always on these miracle antioxidants... jam

And, good chance, you'd get rid of the sinus infection stuff.... [This Message was Edited on 12/02/2012]
  4. joanierav

joanierav Member

i have a question. is it very small like a red dot? i get this, but i am usually sick (sicker) when i get them. sometimes i get two or three together , i thought they were shingles, at first. they come like every two or three months.

i dont know why i am getting them, as i always take valtrex for suppressive therapy for the oral herpes. maybe i should change to another anti viral, as ive been on valtrex like forever.

next time i will go right to dermatologist for biopsy.

mikie you are always so informative and helpful. i am so sorry to hear you dealing with this now.

hugs, joanierav

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Wow - I am so sorry you have to deal with this - Wasn't it Gilda Radner who said it's always something? definitely is --

I know nothing about erythma. Colloidal silver sounds good. (For what it's worth, I take lorazepam in the middle of the night for sleep with no problem at all - I think it's a milder cousin of valium, one of the benzos. But I know you had a very strong negative reaction - we're all so different!)

My latest thing is qigong. Someone I am very grateful to (I forget the name) on tihs board recommended Spring Forest gigong, and I ordered the beginning set which includes a meditation CD (a specific medication for QG), a DVD showing the exercises and a book, a very good package. I've been doing it for 5 days now (found I had to do the exercises sitting down - I got wiped out standing up). Anyways, qigong is supposed to be so powerful and so good for the body and mind, maybe it would help you. It's supposed to increase qi and can help the body heal. Many years ago I had treatments from a qigong master and it was powerful - he was amazing, so that gives me some faith in doing this. He could project his own qi from his hands, hot enough to burn you. And though I've been meditating for a long time, this meditation is different, it's directed to affect qi. We'll see.

Hope you find some answers!

Mary
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really do appreciate your concern and helpful responses.

Sunflower Girl, will check out the O of O. Thanks.

Jam, I had roseaca decades ago and when I switched to Clinique skin care, it went away and has never come back. I no longer need the Guai so there are no restriction on herbals. I'll check it out. Thank you.

Joanierev, thank you for your kind words. I try to be informative when I can but this time, it is I who is looking for help. I am sure that it is an erythma but there really seems no good treatment online. My spot is about the size of a nickel as were the spots in the pic of the kid who was covered by them. It feels ever so slightly raised and the skin is a bit rough. It may be getting lighter in color. Again, thanks.

Mary, yes, it was Gilda Radner; I loved her. So many people take lorazepan with no problems. I figured that if one could take one benzo, one could take any of them--NOT! Actually, clonazepam and lorazepam are closer than the other benzos. Go figure! I used to do a form of Tai Chi but haven't done qogong. I can't do traditional Tai Chi because one has to lunge and then pivot. It ruins my knees. The form I used to do was created by a Tai Chi Master and it was great. I should go back to it. The first time I did it, my body purged so I know how powerful it is. Thank you. I definitely need to get back to more meditation.

Again, thank you all so much. I really appreciate it. As always, prayers, healing hugs and love to my online family.

Love, Mikie
  7. joanierav

joanierav Member

thanks so much for your reply. it doesnt sound like mine. mine is very small, a red dot. there is usually two or three of them. on my fingers/hands. or lower arms. they do not itch. sometimes they hurt, like a herpes. the problem with this kind of thing, is that by the time you get doctor appt. they are almost or all gone. gggrrrrr. it is problematic especially when you need doc right away to see them when they are fresh and the time to biopsy them.

BUT, i also think i got what you described as well , not at the same time, as the above of course. mine were perfectly round in shape, bright red and did not itch and was always one at a time. usually on my face. but i have gotten them on my upper inner thigh as well. i went from doctor to doctor, with no results. one doc gave me fungal cream, did not work. most creams docs gave me did not work. until one time i had one when i was with my daughter, and she said "oh i know what that is , i recently had one, doc said its from severely dry skin" WHAT? so she gave me her left over cream. (script) and voila it was gone in two days. this is what it is called: apexicon . there is a generic as well. my doctor wrote me a script and now i always keep it in the house.

i hope this is helpful mikie. hugs. joanierav p.s. still wondering what my little red dots are, if anyone out there knows, please give a shout. thanks
  8. jaminhealth

I call them on my leg and stomach area....I've just ignored them, I also have some moles on stomach and so did my mom....

But nothing on my face.....

I also use Grapeseed Extract skin moisture cream on my face and neck.....I now make my own cream from a base of Vit E cream. Saves me money, I used to buy Pycnogenol Wrinkle cream and then I got the idea to make my own and it works.
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

One more thing about qigong - it can be done at any level, even in bed if you're bedridden. The movements are very gentle, no lunging! so can be done by anyone at any state of health and can be adapted to anyone's capabilities.

Do keep us posted --

Mary
  10. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi,

I was thinking about this and thought maybe you could try colostrum on it...both internally and applied externally (say mixed with olive oil or even just spring water).

I have had great luck with high dose (start low-slow) colostrum for everything.

I got the idea after studying why the MAFs work for so many...it seems that maf is essentially high dose probiotics and colostrum.

Colostrum seals up a leaky gut and probiotics re-populate - all thing you already know. But colostrum also is great at fighting bugs our immune system is stumped by - mine is mycoplasma among other things.

The colostrum has really helped my skin - and since this is the largest organ of the body - I think its a good indicator of help throughout the body.

So that's my two cents - I know how upsetting these bumps/rashes etc can be - as they are likely indicators of below skin battles.

Take Care Mikie and God Bless,

Elisabeth

PS Can be caused by Celiac and Herpes family viruses too (our nemeses)!
  11. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Mikie,

Do you mean erythema?

Erythema means redness of the skin. The word can be used to describe many skin conditions that are reddened, such as erythema migrans for example.

I hope it turns out to be nothing serious and it goes away.

Hugs!
  12. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Boy Mikie, you sure have been through a lot these past many months. Seems like ever since that fall it's been one thing after another.

Sending you some well wishes and a warm hug. Michele
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just posted to everyone and lost it. Let me just thank you all as I'm not up to redoing my post. One thing; Joanierev, can you take a pic of your rash when it's active. Maybe the doc can tell what it is from looking at the pic.

Again, than you all. Sorry to have lost my post.

Love, Mikie
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry, but yesterday, I ran out of steam. Sinusitis and erythema is better.

Yes, Nanie, I misspelled it. We all decided long ago that with our cognitive problems, spelling, grammar and punctuation don't count. As with this, most of the time, we can figure out what is being said, just as you did. Thanks for pointing it out as I'd really rather be correct but have been awfully sick. Thank God that the search engines are intuitive or I'd be lost. Also, thanks for your good wishes. The spot is lighter in color.

Michele, thanks so much for your good wishes too. It means a lot. I think the positive things we put out into the Universe really do a lot of good for us all.

Elisa, I have colostrum and probiotics. I will give your recommendation a try. When I did my research, I did notice how many things can cause these spots. Since this showed up just as I got that cold and sinusitis, I can't help but wonder whether there is a connection. Of course, mycoplasma caught my attention right away as it was what triggered my CFIDS/ME full blown. Like Lyme, it can deposit cysts inside body tissue and reactivate when one gets sick or run down. Who knows what Herpes-Family Viruses we carry around. I can tell when mine tries to rear its ugly head and I get right on the Acyclovir.

Again, my friends, thank you all so very much. I hope people don't get rashes or when they do, they get them healed. Rashes are so enigmatic and, often, so difficult to identify and treat. In my 20's, I had a staph infection in my armpits, likely from tainted deodorant and it was resistant to ABX. My doc finally scraped some pus (sorry) from one of the sores and sent it in so the lab could make serum from it. It was like taking allergy shots. My immune system finally woke up and cleared up the infection. It was miserable. But, I digress...

Love, Mikie
  15. jaminhealth

of zinc oxide for a persistent underarm rash, I worked on healing myself, didn't want to go to a doc....

Thought of zinc oxide and over night the rash is gone...I now use ZO as an underarm deo, another friend does too. Zinc is such a healer....why not on the issue you are dealing with Mikie. jam
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I may give it a try if this doesn't continue to heal.

Love, Mikie
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The cortisone cream is finally clearing it up. So far, so good!

Love, Mikie
  18. jaminhealth

hope the cortisone cream does the job....I'm still sold on the zinc oxide for the issues I had. jam