I have another COLD natural people opinions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Mar 11, 2007.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

OK this is my second COLD in less then 3 weeks. Same symptoms as last time. Sneezing and nose like rudolph.

Do you think it's attributed to the supplements and die-0ffs? or my body is finally picking up the viruses.

I'm on the candida diet, Olive Leaf, Transfer Factors, digestive enzymes, Vitamin C, etc. I just finished taking 2 weeks of the para-cleanse.

I haven't had a Cold in years and suddently 2 in such a short period of time.

Cindy
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I got my first cold/flu of any kind in eight years (and my second since the "killer flu" that started my CFS) after about three months on Famvir.

We talked a lot about it on my Famvir thread at the time. I think it was related to changes in my immune system, but I'm not sure exactly what.

My best guess is that my body was getting rid of a virus that had been inside for a long time.

I'm not sure of that though. Hopefully I will have time to ask my doctor when I see him next week.

Best, Lisa
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I know everyone always talks about chicken soup but I swear Onion soup always helps me. Is there something good in onions that does that?

I don't have a good answer but this brings up a question I have. For some reason, I have been adding things in one at a time. For example probiotics, then a few days later, start a cleanse, then add in other supplements one at a time. I do that because I have a lot of tummy problems but is this a good way to do it anyway? I don't have any real proof that this is good - it was just intuition that made me do it this way. If it's okay to start more than one at a time, I'd like to.
  4. bkayclark

bkayclark New Member

Have your doc test you for EBV (mono). This happened to me a year ago and honestly you never get over it. I slept for 4 months and this was after I had 2 bad colds back to back. I am on immune support, but my doc told me I will always have Chronic EBV. Common for CFS patients.
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I recommend the tea too. Here is the original post from dncnfngrs.

It sounds extreme, but doesn't taste that bad (especially if you put a lot of honey in it) and was the only thing that helped at all during my last horrid "cold."

Best, Lisa

Voodoo Tea

(Thanks to dncnfngrs and stormyskye for the recipe.)

Easiest made in a drip coffee maker.

Part one
    In the pot, per mug of water used:
    1 peeled rough sliced garlic clove
    pinch of cinnamon

Add water by the mug however much you're making, one mug for just you, two if hubby wants some. Brew. Let water/garlic/cinn sit on coffee maker heating element for 10 mins. If desired, for congestion, add 1 green tea bag for the last 2-3 mins while it all "steeps."

Part two
    Put in mug:
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (with mother if you have it, regular if you don't)
    honey to sweeten (or whatever you have, desperation rules here)

Drink hot. You'll know it's working because you'll get very sleepy. If you don't, try another mug in a couple hours. Microwaving the water isn't the same. If made using boiled water, bring water just to a boil, pour over all except ACV and honey, and cover the cup, then follow the above.

Yeti Tea

This is the "will it put hair on my chest?" version that Stormy and I came up with. Aka "Advanced Voodoo Tea for the Truly Desperate Who Have Nothing to Lose Tea."

Ditto the above except:

Use a filter
    Add 1 licorice tea to filter
    Add a generous shake of cayenne pepper atop the licorice tea bag (don't go crazy, too much and you have to restart)
    Add a pinch of sea salt to the carafe

For some reason, this one is more easily drunk without the honey, but if you overdid the cayenne, a little extra honey helps.

The cayenne pepper WILL open your head, so have plenty of tissues handy.

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Note from Lisa: I like the honey in both versions (especially since honey is a good germ-killer).
  6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Thank you for all the great tips. The onion soup is something I never thought of. I have some here. Will try that. Last night I took a neo-citron cold drink. I'm better today.

Yes I also started on the probiotics. I've been on many things for many months but I always had diarhea so now with the good digestive-doctor enzymes and the parasite cleanse my digestion system is really picking up. Boy these bugs don't know what hit them!!!

I was tested for EBV virus and doctor said I didn't have that.

Has anyone heard that dandilion and chamomille is good to relax our body and not feel so overwhelmed and stressed with life. The herbalist I went to really recommends these drops for me and also the Reishi mushroom (4 caps per day).

Last week I brought all my supplements into him and he liked everything I was on. I showed him the Green Alive. He read the ingredients and was really impressed.

There are so many factors involved, it gets overwhelming. One thing I have started is organizing my husband's new business. I'm learning all the bookkeeping and accounting. That's something I would have never been able to do last year. I'm always so focused on everything I tackle. Do you find you are like that? There's that perfectionism personality coming out.

I do know that I will have to find better ways to cope and not to take everything so serious. Not sweating the small stuff. That's probably one of the reasons I got into this health situation. I'm rambling a bit here, but I don't have anyone else to talk to about this. My sons and husband are great but they are so busy and I hate to burden them with my health woes all the time. If it weren't for my hubbie I would be in worse shape. He is very understanding and wants me to go at my own pace and concentrate on getting better no matter the cost.

About the voodoo tea: Does it taste really garlicky? That's a interesting combination. would keep any vampire away!! ha

Thanks again
    Cindy

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 03/12/2007]
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

wash your hands when you come home from a store dont touch your nose mouth or eyes with unclean hands and saline salution nasal spray everyday it kills the germs in your nose if you have any i know they sound simple but it works good luck for now until this one goes charlene