I have been approved for SSD not just in approved and in Review

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, May 15, 2009.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I applied in Feburary. I think it was then. I officially stopped working October 3, 2009. I could not work one more day as it was I would go out and inspect and come home and work out of bed since 2001. I have numerous things wrong with me. FMS, Organic brains sydrome, meneries disease, just to mention a few. I hired Allsup who were wonderful as I am to tired and sick I was not up to handling the paper work and my mind does not alway work right. I am afraid Allsup won't receive much money as I don't know if I will receive any back pay as I think the soonist I could receive money was April. I think if I would of waited much longer that it would of been that much harder to deal with all of this as I am getting that much sicker as days go by and I do not feel like handling much anymore not even a simple task. I do recommend allsup especially if you do not feel up to much. They were very considerate when I called and they always were very prompt in responding to me and following up with any questions that I may have had and explaining things to me. I do wish everyone that is going through this process luck and to make sure that they keep up on those Doctor records as I think the upteen Doctor records that I have helped the process as I have been scanned, and have had every part of my body looked at and checked and have been to every type of Doctor there is. You need wheel barrels to move my records around all of the departments (joke.) Kind of. Good luck to all. I feel so sad and glad too. Sad because I can no longer do what I love to do and I no longer can live my life the way I want to but glad I no longer have to try to work so sick. It's a double sword but I am not laughing. I feel like crying.
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am happy that your SSDI was approved...without to much of a headache on your part. That is good news. I can understand how you feel sad...its hard when the brain wants to continue full steam ahead but the body can't.

I am sending gentle hugs bobbycat.

3. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

Hey! congratulations!!! I am using Allsup and the are starting the brief for the third level(the ALJ level). I got to skip level two so woohoo. Hopefully it'll be quicker.
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Thanks for the hugs and Hatbox I hope it is quick for you so it is not painful. Good Luck.
  5. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

I am happy for you that you got you SSD. I know how you feel though, in a way I was so happy and relieved but also so sad at the same time. I lost part of me when I had to come to the realization that I could no longer do what I loved to do. That in itself was providing for myself and being confident in what I did. It was a big huge adjustment for me to learn to handle this curve in the road of my journey of life I had not expected at all but as each day goes by I seem to learn a little bit more about me and this dd.
    congrats again and take care, Faith
    [This Message was Edited on 05/16/2009]