i have been approved for ssdi but still no letter of reason

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Jan 4, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

is this normal???i know for the important part for me is truly the money and health insurance stuff...even though i dont quite understand the medicare stuff...

but i was approved 9/15/05 recieved funds 12/0...but i have not received anything stating the reason i was approved ...i went to the doctors, the ssa evals...just am curious as to what made them say yes on the the first go around...

don't get me wrong i am grateful but is this normal to not get a letter for ssdi decision reason of medical conditions....

i don't know if it was the fibro or the depression/anxiety or all of my ailments...

anyone know if i should get the reason for my approval in the mail?

i know when i went to court for my short lived approval in 7/04 i received a letter for being approved but it noted the resons why////

jodie
  2. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I don't know anything about the disability thing just yet. I do know if you were approved a congratulations is in order.

Angela
  3. NifferA

NifferA New Member

I applied for the following medical conditions, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, carpel tunnel syndrome, depression, anxiety, heart valve regurgitation and scoliosis and was approved by SSDI right away. My award letter didn't indicate whether the decision was based on one, several, or all of my ailments. I have requested copies of the information that led to the decision from my file; however, the request was made just before the holidays and I haven't heard back.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

for everyone that reponded...i feel so normal to be left out in the dark from the ssa....

but i was basing my decisin letter from when i had a ssdi closed case...and they gave me the breakdownof how they based their decision...this time no letter just the money...andi am not complaining on that...

maybe soon i will get the letter...

i am fading away from lack of sleep..so must lay down...
    i couldn't sleep last night only an hour of sleep

jdoie
  5. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I dont understand why they approve some of us right away and others of us have to fight for years, I have the same basic things as you but have had to get a lawyer...
  6. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hey jodie,
    I went to a disability living allowance tribunal ssdi to you.
    I was so scared & i felt really sick i couldnt stop shaking
    ,i was crying the whole time i was in the room i just couldnt stop was so scary.
    I was told i had won the tribunal but wasnt given any reasons why i won.
    Dont get me wrong i"m very lucky i won but like you i did waant to know why.
    Hope this helps sorry i cant do more god bless you you"re in my thoughts & prayers.
    fibrolady37
  7. Imfinetoo

Imfinetoo New Member

I took several weeks for me to get my approval letter stating that I was aproved due to fibromyalgia, and psychological reasons (forgetfulness, lack of concentration, etc.)
  8. suzetal

suzetal New Member

just yesterday took awhile but found out that I will get my payment 2nd wed. of every month plus asked how come no letter.

She looked it up and saw that I had not gotten one.She said they are so backed up that she will send it today.Glad I called I would not have known a thing.

The # you can call is ( I hope I don't get in trouble)1-800-722-1213 When you have to tell the recording what you want say disability benefits .Follow prompt .Be ready you will be on hold for about 1/2 hour .

Good Luck
    Sue
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just been getting told i will get the letter after my payment...but like i said the important thing was truly the money, cause that paperwork quite frankly can not pay my bills...

i just know that they will state in there some where if they feel that i would like be able to return to work. or get improved...

just wanted to know their basis for the future reference...i am hoping to get back to work in some capacity career change...i am hopeful cause i can not afford to retire here in california on my ssdi check...and in two years no money for my son for he will be 18 years old...then like a dummy i told the judge that i did not want to collect anymore spousal support...what an nickompoop i was...he will be making over 100k more like 150k a year as a steamfitter in a union oh well i am getting bitter right now so i ned to stop here..

jodie