I have been attacked by a HUGE MACK TRUCK

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Nov 7, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

OH me oh my I really want to cry. Last evening sometime a mack truck slammed into my body. I don't remmember when my pain levels have been so high and no matter what I have taken for me added pain I still am in tears.

Every joint , muscle, fashia, tendons and bones all hurt. I have swollen galnds under my armpits and they really hurt alot. I also have a horriable head ache.

AS strange as it may sound I usually will take Ibuprohen for head acehs as they seem to really help it. And my really stong pain meds seem to not touch a head ache even though I still take them for my pain. So I have started to add the Ibuprohen 800 mgs for a head ache, and I usually only have to use 1 dose if the 800 mgs of it.

But today it seems as nothing is helping me at all. I am so upset and in more pain than I have been in for a very long time. I don't know what I should do aboutit.

Going to the ER is a waste of my time and money. As they will NOT give me any thing that is narcoitic as I get told that I already take TOO high of a dose.

So I am tild that they will use Toradol and I tell them no way as it gives me really bad panic attacks, but to them there is NO way that toradol can cause a panic attacks as it is not in the side effects of that medication.

But I swear that It gives me really horriable panic attacks and I will never use it again.
    I don't know if this is the beginning of a flare as the weather is changing fast and should storm tomorrow. OR am I getting some thing else.

I have not had my flu shot yet as I had a sore throat when I was going to get it so they would not give it to me.Now I just hurt and have swollen glands so I don't know if that is a sign that I am getting some thing.

All I know is that there is not a spot on my body that does not hurt. I have not noticed the when you touch the out side of my elbow that it is really tender to the touch and does really cause me pain it you push on that spot firmly not hard .

But just a frim grasp and darn it really drops me to my knees feeling, {I can't fall to my knees as my knee's don't bend that well and will not let me fall down on them and if I did fall on them I would not be getting up as the pain would be so bad.}

Both of my wrists are so tender to the touch and have been throbbing, I understand why my left wrist throbs as it is the one I shattered so unless my right on is just haveing sympathy pains then I don't know what it going on with me.

I can feel each and every tender point and trigger point as well . There are knots on my knots and muscles are twisting in to new knots.

What is going on with me? Is this some thing new? I am so sick of feeling like I do. I just don't know what it going on with my body..I feel like I have been flattened and run over several times and that this pain is going to get worse before it gets any better.

TOmorrow I am going to Odgen to the SS office to show them my Birth Certifcate and SSnumber and DL . Just so that they have proof of who I am . It is an hours drive and thankfully my Mom and a good friend are going with me and the friend is the one driving so that I don't have to do it.

Maybe the tole painting I have been doing is causing the extra pain my my wrists but the rest I really doubt it. Then add the hot flashes that I am having and how bad my head aches and my neck hurts as well.

I have reahed that point of NO return so I am going to go and take a hot bath and go to bed , well first take my meds and then go to bed. AS it is hard to keep my eye's opened as I am typing here now.

OK I am done with the whineing and for the legnth of the whine. Sorry it is so long,
    Rosemarie
  2. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

I'm sorry you feel so bad today. From another person who gets side effects that just aren't happenning because the meds dont give you that side effect, doctors are retards sometimes. I believe you whole heartedly! I've taken to warning new doctors during the first visit that I have the rare side effects or the ones that aren't even listed. I too have had medicines that were supposed to descrease panic induce a state of constant panic. I'm sending lots and lots of eHugs and positive happy healthy thoughts. I hope you feel better!!
  3. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Seems to be hitting a lot of us...maybe becaue of the change of seasons...

I undrestand...my brain isn't functioning very w ell,

Suz
  4. Summit

Summit New Member

That dang ole truck hit me square on here a few weeks ago. I felt just as miserable as you, and nothing I tried seemed to help. I finally got some corizone shots (in shoulder) cause it hurt just to breath. As for the rest, I took my meds, put ice, and/or hot pads on (whichever seemed to work better at the time) Swollen glands are a symptom of FMS, as is sore throat. As for the Toradol........you know your body, so don't let them tell you any different than what you know is true! Hang in there.....I feel for ya. Hopefully this bout will get better for ya soon. TAke care, I'll say a prayer for you !
  5. homesheba

homesheba New Member

and after running down you guys,
    run smack dab over me also!!!
    man!
    i wish someone would take that driver- OUT!!
    ha ha!!
    i have to admit-even with the patch now. i still am notup to walking walmart.. sigh.
    i sure hope you are doing better today.:)
  6. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

I was hit by a mack truck this exact time last year. I had had some relatively minor symptoms starting earlier that spring which SMACKED me head on doing about 100 MPH last November. I just started on cymbalta 2 weeks ago and my muscles had never felt so good until yesterday...my hands started getting achy, my legs started feeling tight...blah blah blah... Must be why they call it fall...the symptoms flare and you fall. Yuck.

Joann

7. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

Rosemarie I was feeling like you a couple of weeks ago and can relate wholeheartedly. I think the weather change really hits us and even though we know that, it does not make it easier. I am feeling better ( actually better than I have felt in a long while). My bad flare happened over a weekend and on the Monday, feeling like I need to take control over this DD, I called an acupunturist, not sure if this is why I feel better, I have never been in the past and I do not want to endorse treatment.

Maybe a bad flare brings a little relief for a while.

((Hugs)) to you and hope you are feeling better soon.

Maggie
  8. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

It must be the season, because I am right there with you guys!

I stood in a chair for all of 5 minutes 2 days ago looking for something over my oven. Now I can barely walk the pain is so bad in my calf muscles. This is on top of a flare :(

Take care everyone.