I have been dd with fm/cfs/osteoarthritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelstapleton, Dec 31, 2006.

1. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I have not been on the board for some time . I have not been feeling so good. Went to my doc for my check up and told hime about my knees and elbows,hip pain . He did some exrays and blood work come to find out not only do I have fibro but also cfs and osteoarthritis.
    So I am going to start some water exercises and try to lose some weight.I going to try really hard to have a positive out look and relize I chould be worse .
    With that said any one that have osteoarthritis chould give me some tips for the pain in my knees and hips I would very thank full.
    Thanks all and bless you all
    Angel
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I had read somewhere, a theory that some arthritis was caused by a virus that eats away at the collagen of the joint material.

CFS also involves a depressed immune system. You could have a host of viruses.

I have been helped by taking enzymes. Enzymes reduce inflammation, cleanse the blood, eat away at the isoprin coating of viruses and eat up scar tissue. [William Wong N.D.] and they don't eat up endongenous tissue as its tagged by our DNA [Max Wolf Ph.D x7]. Systemic enzymes are digestive enzymes that are taken on an empty stomach. There are several brands out there. Virastop, Vitalzym are popular for the virus problems.

Glucosamine, MSM and Chondritin are suppose to rebuild the collagen in the joints.

Use a larger magnet over the joint of interest. William Philpot M.D. has done some pioneering work in this area. Use a compass, to find which side of your magnet is North-seeking. Points north. Remember with magnets, south attracts north. Some commercial magnets are not careful with the polarity. Use velcro, duct tape, hot glue gun to your fabric to hold in place.
  3. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I will try that thanks so much to all.
    Bless you Angel
  4. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Angel:

Our local Y has a great warm water exercise program. Also, there is a separate Arthritis board if you are interested. While it is much smaller than the CFS/FMS site, there is still a lot of good info found there.

I have RA as well as FMS...so I post on both boards.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  5. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Angie,
    I also have osteoarthritis, along with fibro, cfs.
    deg. disk disease, neuropathy, migraines, depression,anxiety, etc.

I take Celebrex for the OA. Also am hydrocodone for
    pain along with a bunch of other meds and suppliments.

I have tried Glucosimine-Condroiten. I had to stop it because I am allergic to shell fish.

I can really tell a difference if I don't take Celebrex,
    especially in my thumbs and wrists.

I have OA in all my major joints. I had to have a total
    left shoulder replacement in Nov. of '99.

I am now recovering from a total right knee replacement that I had on Nov. 27 of this year.This was five weeks ago.

I am already walking without any assistance. I wouldn't even have a limp at all if my other knee wasn't in such bad shape.

I am going to have it replaced as soon as I can.Then I am going to have to have my left ankle fused, because the OA has it almost destroyed.

Please do what ever exercises you are able to do, and like one of the other posters said,try the pool therapy.

I have never tried it, but my P.T. has encouraged me to try it for both thr OA and Fibro. Also if you are able to walk any, this will help. My dr. told me to go to a store when I felt like it and get a cart and walk around as much as I could. Holding on to the cart will really help support your weight. It really makes a big difference.

Best wishes, and I hope you have a wonderful new year.

Hugs from ((((((((cathugs))))))
  6. mindbender

mindbender New Member

The physical therapy In the warm pool Wore me out. I quit going, and it shows on my report as I refused to finish Physical therapy. In reality I could barley drive home 10mns-15mns w/ traffic

But that pool sure was nice when I was in it.
    ......o..u
    Danar......nd
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2006]
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Angel

Well,you got a diagnosis. Some of use never get it. I was one of the 'lucky' ones.

I would get an exercise program from the doc (something already printed) and give it a try. Sometimes gentle stretching can help.

Good luck and hand in there!

nyrofan