I have been dx with FM...now CFS? need some help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seeseaisme, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Hi folks, I wish they had a sleepy icon, cause that would be me. I seem to be having a flare with the FM. My body aches are amped up to 25 on a scale of 1-10.

I'm just recovering from a severe bout of bronchitis. My 15 yr old nephew visited about 3 weeks ago and had a head cold that he got over in about 3 days. I believe I caught that cold and it turned into bronchitis in 2 days for me. I have been sick for 3 wks now, but much better now.

The thing is I feel that my immune system is very weak and when I saw my doc, I asked him about this. I questioned him about me having EBV,or mono. He said he does not believe in chronic mono and we'll talk about all this at my appt for my yearly physical this coming Friday.

I explained to him that I seem to catch every little virus or cold that I come in contact with and I am fatigued all the time.

For instance, I went to church today and by the time I got home and ate a bowl of chili and watched a movie, I couldn't hold my eyes open. I layed down at 2:30 and slept until 7pm! I was so upset with myself. My day was spent sleeping. It's now 10:30pm and I thought that I'd have trouble sleeping tonight, but no way. I'm already tired again.

I am tired all the time. I can't seem to get enough sleep. I sleep every night for a good 8 hrs, but my energy just drops after noon and I want to sleep.

Is this just part of the FM, the recovery from bronchitis, or do you think I have symptoms of CFS also? The fatigue has been bad for about 3 months now, but only getting worse. Please give me your opionions. I need to talk to my MD about this and need a little help here. Thanks
    sees

2. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I too have often wondered about this. My eyes go closed whether I want them too or not. I can get up in the morning do a few things and then sit in my chair and my eyes get so heavy I have to sleep.

I take a two hour nap in the morning. And not just a snooze, but I am out! Same in the afternoon, and I am ready for bed and sleep the full 8hrs. I can sit at the computer and fall asleep, very frustrating how heavy the eyes can get.

My only problem is I am sound sensitive and have 3 teenage boys. So I can be asleep and ultimately somebody will wake me up somehow, whether it is just trying to wake me up or making loud noises upstairs. During the week I dread company, I hate the doorbell! I has become the enemy! (Tee hee)

So don't feel alone and I hope this post helps both of us.

Take care & kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  3. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

morningglory - thanks for your input, I hope we find out what's keeping us so tired and sleepy.

Skeesix - I do think I have some problems here, that go beyond FM. I go to the doc this Friday and we're gonna talk about this.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2006]
  4. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

I'm sensitive to sound too, anything and everything wakes me up. Some use tv's or radios to block out other noises, but those keep me awake too. Crazy as it sounds, I run a fan in my bedroom as "white noise" every night of the year. No problem during the winter, just throw a couple more blankies on the bed...LOL. I can't sleep without it and I even keep a small one on hand for traveling or trips to the hospital. LOL.