I have been exercising......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Jul 30, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I just wanted to let you all know that I have been exercising. It started with one of my long time friends getting me a pass to visit her gym. She said that she would show me how to stretch, and then I would just sit in the hot tub.

With much angst, I agreed. She took it easy on me, and I felt pretty good, so good that we worked on some of the weight machines. I used the lowest weigh possible, and she coached me constantly.

The next day I found out that I cannot do any shoulder work, my fm was full blown in my shoulders.

I will admit, that I was super sore, but I agreed to meet her again.

It has been 2 weeks now. I feel pretty good. I still have several aches from fm, but my energy level has improved.

I have joined the power hour water work out, and I that is a blast.

I am up to riding my stationary bike 5 miles every day about 20 minutes. I also stretch using a ball.

Saturday will be a big challenge, I will be doing my first yoga class---Elaine, you inspired me to do this one!!!

I do have to push myself to get motivated, to get up and get dressed, and go. But I think I can, I think I can, helps.

I hope this helps enough to get me off my meds....

I don't think that this is a cure, or I don't want others to think that I am saying that this is for everyone, but it seems to be helping me, all except for the brain fog.
    That is why I posted here instead of the fm board.

See my porchies soon,

Oh, did I mention that the best part of the workout is when it is over, and I sit in the whirlpool?

2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is awesome, I am so happy for you to have the willpower to go, that is the hardest part. If I would just get myself up and go, I would probably like it too.

Actually my daughter keeps giveing me these free 7 day coupons to her gym that she goes too as she wants me to go with her sometimes.

I am just so tired by the time I get home from work, however, that is no excuse, I just need to go and try it out and see if i like it.

I don't have anything to lose except a few more pounds, which is always good. LOL

3. sisland

sisland New Member

This is such good news!,,,The pool excerises seemed to help me out alot when i was doing them too! I'm Happy for you that your putting forth the effort,,,it's hard but worth it,,,,,,the more energy thing is nice!

stretching and walking help keep me going now but really i should get back in the pool!

The whirl pool is wonderful!,,,,,Enjoy it!,,,,,,,Sis
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

How wonderful to hear what you are doing. The thing is going slowly and listen to your body. We even have a water aerobics here where I live but it is at 8 a.m. I think, and that is why I have not tried it. I am sure it is wonderful. I do the treadmill for a mile usually when I go and do the leg pushy thing whatever you call it, and a few other arm weight machines on the lower weight levels. Some of them is what I was doing when I went to the physical therapist last year.

Oh, it hurts before, during and after I workout but I know it is good for me so I go, also for my osteoporsis. However, like last time my upper body hurt me as I had not done that in awhile. So, I am taking a bit of break on that.

We try and go 2x a week, 3 seems to be hard to get there. Neither of us WANT to do it but thank goodnes DH has more get up and go , and mental foritude than I do so he pushes. Probably will go again tomorrow. I think it does help some with the energy and the flexibility. I think my fatigue is more from the pain wearing me down.

Good for you Bevy and keep it up hon. We all do what WE CAN do !! Like Elaine says, take baby steps first. Great job !!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

you, Bevy. I hope you get get terrific results.

6. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

for all of the well wishes....