I have been hit by a mack truck and he didn't stop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Dec 6, 2008.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

That is how I feel. I ache so deeply all over my body. MY chest hurts to breathe and when I touch my ribcage right where the ribs touch the sternum , it is so painful there that it brought tears to my eyes. I don't know why my body is acting like it is. I have been doing relaxing exercise's , walking, taking hot baths with nice soothing bath products that are hand made with out alot of perservites {SP} in them.

But it seems that the more I do to get my house in order for family to stay for the holidays the worse I feel , the more pain I am in , my bones ache so deeply that I want to scream.
    I used to like the holidays when my girls were little. but now they are married and two of the three have kids.

I have three grandchildren Braxton age 3 1/2, Kari 23 months {she will be 2 in Jan} and Kyler who is 11 yrs old is my step grandson who could care less about calling me grandma, I am lucky to be noticed by him but my daughter gets all upset when we don't get him the same presents as we do to the other 3. Last is Jaden who is 1 1/2 yrs. I get along with the little one s great but Kyler is not one who talks to us , notices us at family gatherings, does not want another grandma or grandpa. So it is s tress to find something that he will like and enjoy to play with. IT is strange that he like the baby 's toys better than the ones that are for his age,
    I have not got my house cleaned up and there is no where to put the christmas tree. The coumpter is in the way and hubby won't clean out the room that was his den {now full of stuff that needs tso either be gotten rid of or find it a home out side of the room so that i can get my coumtper in the room and make room for the tree.

Could these stress's be causeing me to feel so lousy and icky. I am at my wits end. Can stress's really cause me to feel so rotten? or is it the changes in weather, change in how cold it is and much more. I wish I didn't hurt so much. I was listening to the news here in LOgan Utah, the pharmaices want to have a law for those of us who need narcotic pain meds. WE would have to do random drug tests to see if we misuse our meds, have to change our doctors to speiecalists

,I don't know if it counts but I see my rehumy for all my scripts.There was more about it but it was upsetting to me. I already feel that I am being watched more than other people at the pharmacy, I have to show my ID each time, i can only fill my scripts once every 30 days on day 30. When I Pick up my scripts at my rehumies office I have to show ID there sign a paper just to get the written scripts. What a pain. I have been trying to cut donw on some of my meds. OH and the last thing the want to do is to regulate how many pills we can get at one time so that we don't over dose. I have been on the same meds for the past 5 yrears, I take my meds like i should I do as my md askes me to do so why all the hassle now. I am not one of the people who have over dosed. I watch what I take.
    Just one more theing to stressme out. What will happen now iI wonder.

Thanks for letting me vent,
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I understand where you are coming from and YES stress will DEFINITELY make it worse!

As for you stepgrandson, find out if he has an IPOD and get him an I tunes gift certificate. My nephew who is 8 loves when we get him I tunes.

And the best part is, we had a grocery store that you could order gift cards like I TUNES on line and they would MAIL them to you for like $1.50 - Well worth it if you are not feeling well

Good luck and remember not to overdue it and DEMAND help!!!
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Of course, weather, stress and all of that plays a role in how we feel physically.
    TRY not to let the Christmas stuff stress you out. ASK for help - that seems to be a continuous problem for you. Tell your husband you need him to move the computer etc.so that you can get the tree up! Just move some stuff in the den to make a temporary home for the computer.

As far as Kyler goes, can you get a list of things that he wants? Can't his Mom help you? I'd ask her to shop for a gift from you. I do that all the time for my Mom. She can't shop anymore, so I pick out things and tell her I got something for her to give to my kids. Now she just gives them gift cards so they can shop for what they want. We still pick them up for her. Easy - simple!

Don't stress out about the meds. If you're doing what you're supposed to be, then I doubt you have anything to worry about. I always have to sign when I get my scripts. They have to keep records - just part of what they have to do. Yes a pain, but better than not being able to get any meds like some people! I don't know what you mean about regulating how many pills you can get at one time - less than 30 days?

I know it's hard, and I struggle with it as well, but take one day at a time. Don't worry about what hasn't happened yet.
    You can't do it all - you have to find ways to make life easier. Ask for help - insist on it.

I sat looking at my tree which is sitting here undecorated (lights are on) thinking how I need to enjoy this time of year - the true meaning. I am filled with stress myself, but it made me think. There is something about sitting in the quiet and looking at a Christmas tree, thinking about the blessings that you do have.

4. 3gs

3gs New Member

Rosemarie next time that mack truck hits you could you try to get the license plate number? Think its the same one thats been hitting me!

Don't stress about 11yr old they are moody at that age.
    gift card sounds great. Maybe he doesn't feel part of the family so is standoffish.

Hubby still not helping,put lights on computer screen saver that shows tree and say there you go tree's up!

Wow was the screening for drugs only for Logan? I live in Salt Lake.
    My doc gives me 120 pills a month refill 30 days and I have to sign(everybody does)

Yes stress will knock you sideways(hence mack truck)you tense up and do the contraction thing. Weather ouch snow on the way.

Take one of your nice warm baths and as my sis tells me who cares if the house is perfect they are coming to see you.

hugs jenny
    (hopefully this will post wrote a long one and it disappeared!)
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

You haven't posted in so long, just wondering if you are ok and hoping you get email notification of posts.

6. TxMissy

TxMissy New Member

I just saw this post and just this week my Aunt had her gallbladder removed. She was having abdominal pains, pains around the breastbone,etc... it might be something for you to look into maybe! She went for several years with all the problems with this before someone figured it out! (she has fibro, cfs, etc..also)

And that mack truck that hit ya...well he must have been on a mission because he came all the way down here in south tx to hit me!!! I didn't get his plate # either, but he sure needs to be turned in!!!

7. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Hope your doing better rosemarie.

That mac truck has made his way to the middle of Texas and has hit me numerous times
    this week. I treasure my "better" days, but this isn't one of them.

Gentle hugs, Susan