I have been really dizzy for two weeks. Anyone ideas?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Sep 23, 2008.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I haven't started any new meds. I did have an ear infection and the dizziness started in the middle of that. I finished my antibiotics and then had foot surgery. I waited a while after surgery hoping that was the cause but it hasn't gone away. Now, my doc had me take a CT scan. I don't have the results yet.

I thought maybe an inner ear infection because of the regular ear infection but why wouldn't the doctor think of that first? Any ideas - I'm going nuts. It gets worse as the day goes on.
  2. gran2

gran2 New Member

I worked for drs for 18 yrs...you would be surprised what they don't think of...your ear infection may not have cleared completely...I would call and ask the nurse to please ask the dr what he thinks it might be.

Hope you get answers soon...
  3. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

I had vertigo a few weeks ago and it's not fun! I had a sinus infection and what the doctor called "labrynthitis" which was an inflamation of my ear which caused the vertigo. Did the doctor look in your ears? I hope they figure out what's causing the dizzyness, especially since it's been going on so long. If it's not your ears, maybe it's a good idea to do the CT scan, just to play it safe. I'm sure it will be fine. Let us know what they figure out!

4. springwater

springwater Active Member

my mum i law suffered dizziness once and did an xray...she had to go to a chiropracter because something was wrong in her neck the alignment of bones/bone got worn out? or something. She recovered after their therapy.

And it hasnt recoccured.

God Bless
  5. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Go see an ear nose and throat doc. Since you had an ear infection, that would lead me to think that it's the inner ear. Is your dizziness constituted by the room spinning, or do you feel faint when you stand up?
  6. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Doctor checked out my ears thoroughly and says they are okay.

He did a CT and it was fine.

Now, he ordered an MRI. I had to call all over to find someone to do it. Luckily, Barnes is not so far away and they are in the 21st century. The reason no one around here would do it is because I had bunion surgery with screws 2.5 weeks ago. Everyone said it was their policy not to do an MRI for 6 weeks post op. Foot doc said they were nuts - the screws are titanium (not at all magnetic). Barnes said it was fine and I get that Thurs.

It's the other worrysome symptoms that have popped up that are making me nuts:

I have developed a new facial tic.
    I forget EVERYTHING. Son called in middle of my shower and I had to start over washing because I couldn't remember where I started.
    Did you know that you can't change the channel with your cell phone?
    Bend over and stand up and almost pass out.
    I have a lot of trouble waking up now.
    (I'm hoping most of that is stress)

7. Mako

Mako New Member

Thats the way my Fibro started out.i was working and just got dizzy as all and felt like i could pass out,i ve been to all the doctors u go to with this and all test came back good.with the pain i have in my chest for like 6 months plus fatigue and flu like pains the said it was or looks like fibro. all my symptoms didnt start at once i started out with dizzy spells,then very fitigue,flu like pains,chest pains...ect
  8. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

I get dizzy occasionally and I think it's due to lack of salt - so usually goes away if I eat a bit more of it. Maybe worth a try if you're on a healthy diet and not adding it to your food?