I have been really sore lately.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bailey-smom, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

The newest pain has not been related to my FM – it is another Morton’s Neuroma which is an inflamed nerve that goes between the bones which form the balls of your feet. The average nerve it the size of a hair but when they are irritated they can be the size of a large pea. I had one removed in my right foot in 1995 and now there is one causing me problems in my left foot.

While the dr was looking @ my foot he asked if my feet were always that cold & we laughed that I even wore socks when I am naked. He asked if my legs hurt & told me that he wants me to have a Doppler of my legs. Anyone know what that is about? Is he looking @ the veins? My feet are a normal color – just very cold. I do have some varicose veins but he did not ask about them nor did he see them.

I have, also, been having more all-over pain as well lately. It feels like all my nerves are on the outside of my body. I will be going back to my neurologist on the 3rd and I think I am going to ask him if I should go back on my Neurontin or not. He took me off it about a month and ½ ago because I have been on it about 6 years and I did not know if it was working or not but I wonder if it wasn’t helping after all.

I guess I will see what he suggests!

Kelly
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

and we set an appt for tomorrow (Wed) morning. He said that he wants to check for pulses in my legs so they must be concerned about that. He asked if it hurts when I walk because that is when they would be worried and I told him that I do not have pain with movement only when sitting and standing.

I don't know what is going to happen but I will find out because it is getting to be terrible. The legs have always ached but I do wonder if the Neurontin kept this other pain level down - it is just crazy.

Kelly
  3. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

If the pulses are weak in your legs, or vary from top to bottom, it may suggest that you have some arterial or venous congestion, which puts you at greater risk for Deep Vein Thrombosis. Often, the really cold extremities are caused by spasms narrowing the circulatory pathways. They could also be constricted because of plaques, or build up on the walls of the vessels. That is a risky situation.

I would think that if the doppler is normal, he would assume Raynaud's syndrome.

It sounds awful, though- the nerve situation you are experiencing. I hope it all gets taken care of quickly, so that you are able to have pain-free days and nights!

-Lollie
  4. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I can empathize with you over the nueroma- I had surgery for one in 1992 - and it didn't go well, I lost all feeling in my foot due to a post op infection and almost lost my foot. They are painful!!

Kudos to your doctor for wanting to help you.

Good luck,
    Sharon