I Have Been Struggling

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by voodoogal, Apr 13, 2009.

1. voodoogal

voodoogal New Member

For the past few years I have been struggling with pains and aches and the inability to get anything done. Lately it has gotten worse where it is hard for me to get up in the morning and go to work. When I do work, I have to come home and go to bed. I have never been diagnosed with FM, but I have been diagnosed with IBS, mitral valve prolapse, bipolar, hypothyroid, asthma, and I grind my teeth like crazy while I sleep. I wouldn't say I'm depressed, I am just exhausted and achey. If I could remove my muscles and bones and bathe them in oil, then put them back into my body, they might feel better! That's what it feels like. I go to a nice nurse practitioner, but I'm not sure how to ask her if she thinks I have FM or not. I feel like I'd be a whiner telling her all of my symptoms. Should I take a list of symptoms and things with me when I see her?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice people here to talk to.

Yes, I think you should take a list of symptoms and questions to your next appointment.

Don't you think it's essential to tell a health professional all your symptoms? Just like
    you'd tell a shoe salesman your size and the repairman what the problem with the car is?

Are you unsure about depression? You can take the Beck Depression Inventory on line, no charge.

Good luck
    Rock