I have Blue Shield of California PPO Has anyone had any success

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kevncal, Jan 8, 2007.

1. kevncal

kevncal New Member

with this insurance or any other insurance paying for tests etc. I have learned of Kent Holtorf from the posts but he doesn't take insurance. Maybe I should bite the bullet and just go with him and he really seems extensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

PPO with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama (I live, and husband works in New York). I have GREAT coverage. I go where I want, no referrals or prior approvals necessary. Of course, IF the doctor doesn't participate with any insurance, then you'd have to submit on your own, but my plan covers 80% for out of network doctors, and I go to out-of-networks, ALL THE TIME.

I don't think I've ever had a lab that wasn't a participant, except for the one that did Saliva Testing. You should do okay with PPO policy.
  3. place

place New Member

it is PPo, i love it, they cover everything. But I think they do have different plans, my husband has less coverage plan.

They still cover a great deal of stuff and don't mess around when it comes to pay for stuff.

They paid for all of my FFC test through Quest. If you want to go to that doctor find out where he sends his lab and call BBS. They will ask for the address and if it on the list they paid for anything but fertility tests.

Good luck!