I have both FM and CFS now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greeneyeslk, Nov 8, 2006.

1. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

Like yourself, I initially became ill with FM about 10 years ago. What I thought was just my FM getting worse 2 years ago was actually CFS setting in. I know how you feel as I never thought that I would need any of the information on CFS for 8 years I had the FM, but it is likely to develop both of the illnesses over time and using some of the resources for both may actually be beneficial even if you haven't been diagnosed with both. I also agree with the other people that posted who noted at these illnesses do overlap. I know that it is easy to become discouraged, but hang in there. I hope that you are one of the fortunate ones that never develop CFS. I know that taking care of yourself by eating properly, taking vitamin supplements and resting to reduce stress will help. I developed CFS after taking a very stressfull 2 year Paralegal position at a law firm that pushed everyone beyond their limits and created alot of stress which I believe lowered my immunity and allowed the CFS to settle in. So just a word of advice TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF as much as you can and AVOID STRESS if possible. I wish you the best.

[ advertisement ]