I have finally updated my PROFILE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I've been posting and reading for a couple of months now. I am a very private person, so it says a lot for this board that I have finally updated my profile.

I love this board and the people here are wonderful and so supportive.

Thanks for making me feel welcome here.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

You do look very pretty. I totally understand. I am 28 and I get tired of people telling me "Oh your so young your supposed to have lots of energy" I must look like I have lots of energy, but I most certainly don't. I am a very private person too and understand that also.
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

You look so pretty in your picture! I love yellow, it is my favorite color. I like your outfit! And what a pretty smile!
    I hope you are feeling well tonight!
    Take Care and Thanks for sharing!
    Kellyann
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm not sure if I'm sorry to say, or glad to say, you don't look sick at all. But we do know how it is, if you were all dolled up like that, then it must have been one of your better days.

Most people who say we don't look sick really mean well, and are just trying to say something nice because they don't know what else to say. But, they don't usually get to see us at home, slubbing it in our housecoat looking hungover and haggard from pain and fatigue.

Jeanne
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sorry you are ill and have to be here with us. I have FMS. You can check my profile out.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks for updating your profile. I used to have my picture on but recently added my two "furbabies".

You are so right, we don't look sick. I look better now than I have in years but I do have fibro and some bad days.

I also take it easy but hope one day I can go into work and be around people every day.

7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I appreciate all of your lovely comments and welcoming words. Do you understand why I say I never wear makeup when I go to the doctor?(LOL) They don't take me seriously. Except for one wonderful doctor I hadn't seen in a few months. As I was leaving his office, his assistant told me that I look great and my doctor said "Don't you wish you felt great?". That comment was so validating.

Jeanne-in-Canada...you are right..I rested all day and was feeling better that evening. But, we had dinner and that was enough to "do me in". I remember the good ol' days when my husband and I would go out to dinner and then go dancing all night long. (glad I did it when I could)

I really pushed myself to go on that cruise. My husband and I hadn't had a vacation in many years and he was in terrible need of one. Imagine saying that a cruise was hard...I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it was hard.

Thanks again for being so understanding.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  8. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

MAAAAAAAAAUVALUS! No need to explain "don't look sick" here. Glad you were able to do the cruise!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You all really know how to make a gal feel good. You are all so very kind.

Rick...Thanks for the compliment. I had a doctor tell me that when he saw me in the waiting room he thought I was a Sales Rep. because of the way I look...he would have never thought I was a patient. Another doctor told me that I look too young and too well to feel as bad as I say I do. A woman at church said that I was limping and hanging on to my husband for sympathy. It is really hard sometimes. People can be cruel.

But, you know what, my husband knew me when I was young, healthy and energetic and he knows me now, and he has no doubt that I am sick.

Blessings to all of you,

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2006]
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You are much too kind. Thanks,though, I accept your compliment graciously. I peeked at your pic and you remind me of the actress, Susan Sarandon...pretty cute, yourself!!!
    and...if you don't mind my saying so....your hubby is quite the cutie himself. It helps to have a supportive husband. I have one myself and it makes such a difference. Feel badly for women whose spouses are not compassionate.

Well, even with this awful illness, I'm still feisty enough that I wouldn't put up with a spouse who doubted my symptoms.

Sorry that both you and your twin are sick. Is the FFC helping you?

I noticed that you like boating...is that sail or motor boating? Where do you live?

Hope you read this...just realized after I've been going on and on that you would have to come back to this thread to read this.

Bless you,

Lolalee
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

12. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I also go to the FFC and have been diagnosed with lymes and chlymadia pneumoniae among other things. To look at me you would never know how sick I am yet the blood work tells a different story. Glad to see your photo and nice to meet you. This board is so supportive.
    Cindy
  13. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I'm twinofdar's twin sister dar. I will make sure she reads your thread. By the way, I love your picture too!
  14. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Let us know who your appointment goes,
    I sure hope your feeling better than the last time i talked to you.

Best Wishes

Mistylee ( lee is my middle name)

Lolalee, you look nice, don't be afraid to come out and play!