I have had fibromyalgia for 12 years now they say it is lupus! drug avalide

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Oct 29, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

The lupus board never gives you any answers. I have had one reply, that has help she said there is a drug induced lupus, i do take a blood pressure pill that looks to me, i am not sure
    that could induce lupus. Remember i have fibromyalgia. The drug is also a diuretic, it is called avalide. Please anyone out there if you have any insight on fibro and lupus and drug related please let me know.
    Who has the money to get second opinions. Then i dont want to have kidney disease either?
    my kidneys hurt and both legs swell really bad.
    Thanks my board is here.
    not at the lupus!
    They dont answer
    i would appreciate all comments
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

have never heard of drug induced lupus.

did the doc tell you this? know that there is diffeent kinds of lupus.

ive been told by people with lupus and an nurse in er they think i have it but the blood test says no.
    also im having the kidney swelling stuff you are(butterfly rash)

did you google drug to see what it said?

sorry dont know more
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

skin more or less
    drug induced systemic
    sle which is the bad i think
    then i think there is one with something to do with pregnancy.
    not sure

i do not have the rash. i do have a positive ana of 3+ an joint pain with severe swelling and kidney problems.
    so i did see where hypertension drugs and someother could cause lupus.
    Thanks for the reply so watch meds.
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

I had protein in my kidneys when i was pregnant. Had a hard time carrying babies. Lost one lived 2 days, only 3 weeks early. about age 42 i go to Emory clinic to get 3rd opinion about fibromyalgia. I went to a neurologist. At emory clinic in Atlanta i did not tell them about the first two diagnoses which were the same fibromyalgia. So hard headed believed it when the 3rd time she tells me i have it. Sat me down and told me life will be different. oh yeah it is.
    during this time i swell in my legs extremely bad. No protein in urine, then one day hurting in left arm at work. Doc says get in here now. Starts me on blood pressure med avalide to get every thing under control. Which your kidneys and blood pressure work together avalide does have a diuretic in it. Finally i quit my job a year ago sept. or start morphine, just could not go on. During all this time i swell in both legs all the way up very bad! If i took and advil i could feel my kidneys in the back spasm and swell in my legs horribly. so i cant take them.
    Now i started having extremely bad swelling which is different in fingers , more so in right hand
    they did xrays and blood test xrays of both hands upright and down on table. all the up to wrist. Shows arthritis, also shows fracture in thumb on left hand. went in for right hand.
    He sent off blood test and ruled out RA thank God then monday he calls and says you have lupus your ana titer is 3+. So he wanted to do further blood test. Today i went they did a nother cbc it came normal yeah!! Also did a double stranded dna test they send it to california.
    it takes a while to get back and some other blood test i think to rule out things.
    So that is where i stand. My kidneys are very sensitive. He says i have lupus by the pattern of the ana titre test. whatever that means. So i am going to wait and see what happens.
    fingers on right hand especially bird finger twice the size and others are swollen at joints.
    He says i do have osteo which most people do.
    So even if he says i have it I am going to go bankrupt and get another opinion.
    This doctor is very good. They are not God and everything is an educated guess. I have no fever no rash, my hair is not thin. Something is going on not sure yet what it is.
    my kidneys do hurt
    So only time will tell and i do not know how to post on this thread again.
    i will let you know about the double strand dna test i know it has something to do with lupus.
    Thanks again
    i will keep you posted