I have had it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by liz73, Jul 22, 2011.

1. liz73

liz73 New Member

Well hi, it has been a bad week for me!! Finally got a day off work, went out to get my husbands meds, and go to the store, and in the middle of it, my van breaks down! Lost all breaks, now i know its an old van, with a lot of miles, but i just had the breaks done on it. So i call the guy, that does the work on my van, and he comes and gives me a ride home, says he should have my van fixed in a little bit, and then comes by 2 hours later, saying he cant get the parts and i have to work in the morning!!

Some-days i feel like it not even worth getting out of bed!!! I know i need a new vehicle, but i just cant afford it! And yes my credit sucks, when my husband got sick took all we had in savings, and then some!!

I know you all dont have the answers either, but i just needed to vent again, and not let my husband see that i am upset and worried about it.

Hope you all have a better weekend then mine is starting out to be!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

life is stressful enough without car problems. I hope you get yours back in good running condition.

Love, Mikie
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Liz,

Yes, you can't live with or without them and can drive you crazy sometime.

All you can do is call work and tell them you can't get to work because of your car breaking down. I know that can be worrisome too as you don't want to get fired or let go because of such a stupid thing. However, that is something you can't help unless you run around town asking who can do it NOW and for a cheaper price - HA! or using your fingers to do the walking to check out other places (more aggravation)
    So sorry to hear about your car problems hon. Hope you can get it fixed sooner rather than later and it doesn't break the bank on you.

Do you have a credit card? I know you said you have credit that is less that great but sometimes you do need to use them if you don't have the cash up front. Sometimes you just do have to pay a little at a time and don't have the choice. You just NEED to have a CAR !! UGH !

4. teacher

teacher New Member

Trying to look for the bright side here........

You didn't say, but it sounds like you didn't hit anyone!

Woo hoo!

Hope that helps.

Hugs, kisses, and tissues
  5. liz73

liz73 New Member

Well thank you, and they still have my van! They had it fixed once, and headed to my place with it yesterday, and then another brake line blew! So guess it will not be back til tomorrow at the soonest. I have made it to work though through some friends and neighbors, but told them monday i have no way there, and thank goodness they were ok with that. Said they understood! And no, i dont have any credit cards, the people that work on my van, do so and let me pay over time, they good people, and know my situation with my husband and all, so am blessed there.
    And no, I did not hit anyone or anything, when brakes went out, so ya that is the bright side of this guess!!

Thanks for advice and support. You people are great to talk to. Glad I found this site.