I have joined the profile picture posting club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Feb 21, 2008.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

Another poster asked me to put up a picture. I looked through tons of pictures, and really couldn’t find any of me (probably because I’m always the one taking them!) But I found this one (may be a little blurry) – it is of me and my best friends from high school. They would just have a cow if they knew I put this up here!

Oh, I am the one in the pink.

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Didn't you have a pic posted once of you and another mother and 2 children on a beach? I thought that one was so so cool!

Great pic in the profile now too!

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Thank you for posting your picture!!
    I knew you'd be beautiful.
    Everyone here is!
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Your still Beautiful along with all your friends!,,,,,,Were you a Cheerleader? My Gals were into sports, the youngest and the oldest,,,Middle girl loved music and academics,,,,,Fun!,,,,,,Sis
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Gosh, it is amazing, no one would ever think we have these diseases the way we all look. Looks can definetly be deceiving.

Great Picture Kjade and thanks for sharing.
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Awesome picture, you are very pretty! It is so fun that everyone is posting pictures. Is this a recent picture? You look like a fun group! Kim :)
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

love the photo, you all look like beautiful young ladies.

8. ckball

ckball New Member

That is a great pic of you and your friends, it is nice to put a face with the postings-Carla
  9. kjade

kjade New Member

Thank you everyone! You all are so sweet! I don't know that I really want to leave this up though - it makes me nervous. Maybe I will find one of my kids or dh and put those up so you can see them. I am so proud of them.

Molly: Do I really look like Elaine? You never know....maybe we are "secret" twins...there might be another set on the board!! LOL!!! I love to see the pics of you and Dar, but I can never keep you guys straight! I get so confused over which is which...and although you can tell you are twins, you do look a little different. But thanks for your kind words.

Budmickl: You asked if I had a pic of 2 moms with kids on the beach....I actually had posted awhile back a pic I took of my son & nephew on the beach after fishing - it was B&W. Then another time, I posted a pic of me and my friend with our 2 yr old daughters dressed as princesses. Are those the ones you are talking about? I had wanted to enter the B&W fishing pic in a contest, but just never got up the nerve.

Janalynn: See what you made me do??? You are right - everyone here is so beautiful - inside & out. I am so glad to have met everyone here! I can't believe you have teenagers! You look way too young!!

Sisland: I noticed you had a thread with your pic, but when I checked it, I saw your adorable dad!! Did you change it?? I didn't get to see you. To answer your question, I was a cheerleader in 8th grade. I tried out in HS and got cut. But I was always a tomboy, really. I also was a figure skater for most of my life (I stopped at 16). I played softball from age 7 to about 21. I only WISH I could play now. My mother does, and I am jealous. I tried to play at a picnic, and couldn't walk for days. Fibro has taken over! Also, I have always LOVED football. If they had football for girls, I would have played for sure. Actually I did play in the Powder Puff game in high school. It was so much fun - now I just enjoy watching my son.

fibromickster: You are right - as we look at the pics of everyone, it is hard to believe we are all sick. No wonder people think nothing is wrong with us! Oh and thank you for your kind words....it was really sweet. AND I saw the pictures of your daughters....they are SOOO beautiful!! You better keep an eye on them!! :)

Elaine: Soooo, we look like sisters, huh? They figured out our secret?? Thanks so much for everything you said...you always make me feel so good! The remark about the "wood-chopping husband" had me rolling on the floor!! Would you like me to put a pic of him up? I don't know if he'd like that, but who cares! I will continue this on our other thread...oh, imagine us at that bar together----you could tell everyone you just met your long-lost sister who you never knew! We could really make this fun!

boltchik(kim): Thank you sweetie! I think I replied to you about your beautiful family. This day of picture craziness has been fun! To answer your question, this picture was taken in Sept 07, I think. (wow, my memory is getting bad) I can tell because the leaves are still on the trees in my back woods behind us. There are actually 6 of us girls who were best friends in HS, and we still are close (although we don't see eachother as often as we would like anymore with kids and stuff...I'm sure you know how that goes). These girls were all in my wedding....I know how lucky I am to still have such dear friends.

Linda: Thank you for checking out my pic and commenting with such nice words. So you really think Elaine & I look alike? BTW, I peeked at your profile, and I saw a beautiful desert/sunset - is that where you live? Do you get to see beauty like that all the time? I am looking at nothing but miserable snow and ick!

Carla: Yes it is so nice to put a face to who we are talking to. I saw your picture too and you are a beautiful lady! Also I meant to check and see how you did at your art show? You are so very talented - I think I told you I wanted to learn to paint and you had said it was as easy as paint by number, which I can do.

Well, thanks again everybody! I hope everyone keeps putting pictures up - even for a little bit. I know for me, I always remember a face, even if I only see it once.

10. kjade

kjade New Member

You ask if it's natural?? On a public forum? Silly girl...WELL---I actually have brownish-blonde hair (I only know this because my brother's hair is sandy blonde - I have been coloring mine since I was 16). I don't really know WHAT color it is anymore - I just touch up the roots every 6 wks. And my daughter has the same color hair. My hair is naturally curly (it should be called "naturally unruly"!) - luckily my daughter has the same hair, and so does my oldest son. My middle son has poker-straight hair - we always have to butch-cut it - it is the only look that works for him.

My hair is really long, (it is up in this picture) but I like it that way because it is so much easier to just get up at 5:30 and throw it in a ponytail or braid and GO! No fussing around! My mom & aunts are always telling me I need to cut it - they said I am too old for long hair! This bothers me - I have been growing it since I was 15 - I'm not just going to chop it off! Plus hubby says he will leave me if I ever cut my hair (really, he says this).

Well, I need to go watch my shows I recorded on DVR---but I am going to reply to you on our latest thread after my sons' games tomorrow. I had a rough day today at work and I can't think clearly right at the moment to say what I am thinking that won't sound crazy. I probably sound "off" right now! So I'm logging off.........

Oh, that is a great picture of you with your cousins at that party. You are so cute - you have such an infectious smile! And yes, you ARE skinny! What is YOUR secret??
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

The picture I have here is a cute little girl smelling or looking at flowers. There is no group picture here for sure and her hair is dark.

Any ideas? Still trying to check out everyone's pic that has posted. I still have to figure that one out (-: !!

[This Message was Edited on 02/24/2008]
  12. kjade

kjade New Member

Sorry, I should have deleted this post. I had a picture up of myself but took it down yesterday. I fuond this one of my daughter smelling spring flowers, and put it up because the flowers made me think of upcoming spring time.

I guess that would be confusing....sorry!