I have just about had it..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emah, Jun 27, 2010.

1. emah

emah Member

I was diagnosed with fibro about 3 years ago. It is obviously getting worse. I had a neuro spinal stimulator implanted but the pain is still there. The only way I can feel half way decent pain wise is if I stay in the bed. I did get a motorized wheelchair but can't use it because I need ramps to get in and out of the apt and the apts have no handicap curb and I am not allowed to drive. So I basically feel trapped. My husband has really gotten on my nerves even though he does just about everything for me and is very overprotective.

My pain meds do not work anymore and I don't want anthing stronger but I don't want to just sit around and exercise is what is suppose to be good for fibro. So I do the balance exercise on the Wii (i seem to like to fall down from time to time)

I have not friends or family where I live. I think I just need someone to play with. Sorry I had to vent but I am just so tired of this and the lack of solutions.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

plenty of people here to play with, just from a distance, lol. It sounds like u have built a tolerance to your pain meds, maybe with the help of your doc u can taper of them slowly then have a break from them for awhile, then go back on them they should work effectively again for awhile, when they stop working repeat the process, or just swap between 2 different pain meds.

Good sleep can also help with pain, something else to look into for you.

3. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

Sorry you are having such a hard time. Hopefully you will find some of people to play with. I understand how lonely it can be just sitting at home. My fibro though is not as bad as yours I can still walk and drive. I just dont like going anywhere so I stay home. I have been working on cleaning up the mess here that accumulated over all the years that I worked. I do it at my own pace and take breaks when needed. (except when hubby is pushing me to get something done. lol) I hope you find many friends here on the board so that you can start feeling better about yourself.
  4. emah

emah Member

Thank you for supporting me and maybe I will find someone to play with long distance who understands what this is like. I would love to get a good nite's sleep. I go to the rheumatologist today with a long list of symptoms and an expectation of some solutions. M problem with takiing a break with the meds is that the pain would be worse. As it is I would love to just throw a brick thru my patio window and listen to the glass crash. I am not crazy, just looking for some relief. I won't give up but I wanted you to know I appreciate your responding to my post.
  5. emah

emah Member

Thanx for responding to my post. I don't mind being at home, in fact I'm a home body but 2 years of being home and alone, I think has just gotten to me combined with the total life change

I also had 4 brain surgeries last year for aneurysms, and thankfully I am ok but I am just tired. I don't know what to do with myself, that's not true, I'm just haviing a huge pity party and I need to stop.

Thank you again.
  6. kathyrn

kathyrn New Member

I love the wii balance games. Be careful though. Make sure there are no coffe tables close by just in case you fall.
  7. spacee

spacee Member

I don't know if you have found the ChitChat Board yet.

We would love to have you at the Lounge...it is for people who
    mainly get to doctor appts and we talk about nothing :)

There are other good topics there too.

Just wanted to let you know I care!

8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

come visit the Chit chat board. We talk about kids, pets, TV, music, and
    just about everything.

There are two continuing threads. The loungers and the porch. These threads
    have no topic. Just talk about whatever you like. Respond to others if you feel
    up to it.

9. emah

emah Member

Thanx for the invite especially after a day like today.
  10. emah

emah Member

11. emah

emah Member

Thank you, yesterday was horrible and it involved a doctor so I will have to get to the chit chat room if for no other reason than to exhale.