I have just been diagnosised with fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tracey122362, Nov 1, 2005.

1. tracey122362

tracey122362 New Member

I have just been diagnosised with fibromyalgia. I am a little confused on something and have not been able to get an direct answer from my dr just yet. I don't see him again for 10 more days. My sed rate is at 26 and my c reactive protein is 7.6. Is it usual with fibro to have elevated inflamation rates?
    any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    tracey
  2. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

I cant answer this question with any know how only on what Ive read. The info I have read is that there is no inflamation with fibro. I do have inflamation in certain spots in my body but thats from arthritis, tennis elbow and other such ailments. What does happen is the pain is worse around those inflamed areas from the fibro. Did your doctor check you blood work for rhuemotoid arthritis. That might cause the inflamation.
    hugs poodlemum
  3. tracey122362

tracey122362 New Member

Yes he did check me for rheumatoid arthiritis and it was negative. I have had blook work done four times in a 3 week periord. thyroid, lupus, lymes, all negative.
    I didn't think you had inflamation with fibro from all the research I have done.

thanks
    tracey
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

from another Tracey :) (same spelling too)

They say there USUALLY is'nt inflammation with Fibro,..
    But not always so. I have a high sed rate alot.
    Many times its when my Fibro is really acting up bad.

The highest for me has been 56. Which is kinda scarey cause my doc. said that a case of strep throat can bring it up to a 20. (normal I hear is around 11-14)
    so,..56 is darn high!!
    I've had Fibro for over 12 yrs and my sed is up and down
    all the time.
    I don't think doc. know enough yet about this illness to even say wether its inflammatory or not.
    Just my thoughts~
    I was tested for all you mentioned too.
    Although my RA factor was neg. my doc. still did'nt rule it out as a possible.
    He said that sometimes it'll show neg. in the early/beginning of RA.
    Hope this helps :)
    Hugs/blessings
    Tandy