I have lately wanted to have my feet and legs cut off

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have been in a lot of general pain lately but also my rls and neuropathy have been causing alot of pain for me.

It hurts so bad I want to scream but I try to keep it under control because my husband and son are usually sleeping when it gets really bad.

I am at the end of my rope and just am so tired of hurting.

I would love to wake up one day and be painfree if only for a few short hours.

I guess I just need to realize that that will not be my life and get over it.

It is just hard to resign yourself to a life of pain.

What is bad is I have had fibro for about 12yrs and I guess it has just gotten worse.

I know they say that this is not supposed to be progressive but I think they are wrong.

In fact I am almost sure they are wrong.

I am sorry to complain.

Bye for now Pamela
  2. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

I know how you feel about the leg and foot pain. I too, would like to cut mine off sometimes . I think that this is a progressive thing also. The docs that say this don't have this thing to live with. Hang in there and maybe soon you will have a awesome ,pain free day ! I have one once in a blue moon , well maybe not totaly free but close enough.
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Oh, yes, they are wrong about the progressive thing. Just my opinion but mine has gotten worse. You know it's worse when you feel worse because we should be getting used to it a little, right?

I don't know if you can afford it (I can't right now) but I think a spa day with a friend would do wonders. That is the first thing I'm going to do when I get my SS back pay. (Right after I pay back my parents and jump up and down with joy. The jumping will be in my mind, of course.

One thing that helps me is my little shih tzu puppies. I never thought that would be the case. I never had a pet before.
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

In the few years I've been diagnosed with FM, I think it's gotten worse. I didn't have neuropathy when it started but I do now. It's a horrible pain. Mine is worse at night as well, although today I'm just plain feeling crappy and sore.

I wish I could blame it on the weather or something but it's really nice here today. Do you take anything for it? My rheumatologist suggested Lyrica a few weeks ago, but I feel like I'm on too many drugs as it is.

You're not complaining.....you're just frustrated with this awful disease. I hear you, and feel just like you do today.

Let's wish for a better tomorrow, eh?

All the best

Eileen
  5. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

and I have had great success with controlling the Restlessleg. My Fibro though does affect my legs and feet and know exactly how you feel about saying you would like to cut them off. I have made many comments to my family that I think I would be in less pain if I had stubs.

TxSongBird
  6. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I wrote my other message before I saw how your legs are hurting....hot hot water is all that helps me when I am in that mode. I do get relief from it though as my pain tends to move all around..instead of locating in one spot. In ways, I think that is better..who knows?

I am so sorry for you and home you get relief somehow..I take a bit more pain relief meds if I have managed to save up on another day or two..aren't we messes? Jana
  7. hambys97

hambys97 New Member

are often times the worst pain. I have times that I can't stand for my feet to touch anything. I hope you find some relief soon.

Angela
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Yes, I have horrible pain in lower legs.

I have two pairs of heavy white cotton sock that have very strong elastic in the ankle areas. They seem to make the circulation to my lower legs so much better, and help the pain.

I keep my feet up unless walking on them, lol.

My lounge chair has an afgan I wrap around them when sitting.

The neurontin helps for about 3 hrs, and I only take it every 4-5 hrs, so there's always time i'm in pain.

I think support hose helps me also; when I have to be dressed up, even in summer, I wear them.

I hope you get relief somehow; I find reading or distracting my mind from the pain an help a lot, also.

Best to you...
    findmind
  9. uktim1

uktim1 New Member

hi Pamela theres no need to say sorry we all know how bad you feel :D i was about 30 when i got f.m im now 42 so ive had it about as long as you i still get really low sometimes and hurt like hell :( but i know i will get better days and looking forward to them keeps me going :D i thank god every day for the things i can do and never dwell on the things i can't. I hope ya get a good day soon tc & god bless tim :)xxx
    [This Message was Edited on 06/15/2006]
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I am so sorry, Pamela, that you are feeling so badly.

I have some neuropathy pain as well. But right now, my knees are causing me so much pain that I can really relate to your leg pain. I need total knee replacements, so they always hurt, but I also fell out of my computer chair quite a few weeks ago and tore the cartlidge in my right knee. I have re-injured it since and I am currently awaiting surgery that is scheduled for June 22nd.

The pain in my leg is so bad that I can't walk. Just trying to get around the house is causing me so much pain that I can't sleep at night. So I can really relate to your leg pain now.

Are you taking anything for your RLS? I know there are some meds for it out there.

Have you tried the trick of putting a bar of soap under your sheet close to where your legs are? It really helps. I put the bar just on top of my sheet.

Also, try rubbing Vicks VapoRub on your feet and legs twice a day. It's smelly, but I've read that it also helps the pain of neuropathy.

I take Neurotin for my neuropathy and fibro and it really helps me. Have you tried it or Lyrica, which is new out?

I hope you can find some relief soon.

P.S. trust me, you don't want to have them cut off! My father went through that due to his diabetes -- and it was tragic. I'm a diabetic, too, so I also worry about that. But .... I know you were just kidding.

Hugs,
    Janet