I have low blood pressure! What do I do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KCD, May 9, 2003.

1. KCD

KCD New Member

What kinds of meds do you take for low blood pressure? I appreciate any input. Love, KCD
  2. KCD

KCD New Member

Low ninties over fifty-something. Somebody said salt loading and another said they take some kind of med. for low blood pressure. I need to find out what kind. KCD
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

these days. Still below that expected for my age.

Do drink plenty and use more salt these days, don't know if that has helped but neither should cause you any problems.

Worth a try perhaps.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2003]
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Mine is very low too and I can get it to rise a little if I go out and get some exercise. The more we are sedentary, the more reason our BP is low. My doctor also said I would probably never have a heart attack. Yay!! (I don't take anything, because my low bp is not a bad thing.)

Marilyn :)
  5. ReallyTired

ReallyTired New Member

Mid 90's, low 60's.......with a resting heart beat of 54. That's the kind of blood pressure some marathon runners have but I certainly don't feel like a runner? I already comsume a niffy amount of salt.

You might want to read my new post today (5/9) called "A suspected cause of chronic fatigue syndrome", which I receved in a health newsletter that I subscribe to.
  6. underwhelmed

underwhelmed New Member

Hi there,

I have been suffering low blood pressure along with CFS for a while now. Recently had my blood tested and the docs found I was VERY low on potassium. Have been taking potassium (Slow K) 1200MG a day for a month now and the dizziness hass improved a lot.

Maybe worth getting it checked out? Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Underwhelmed

[This Message was Edited on 05/09/2003]
  7. healthywannabe

healthywannabe New Member

My doctor told me to eat alot of salt. peace...ZOe
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To answer this one, or Klutzo! Mine is 118/66, but the heart rate I think is high (100-106).

So what does this mean???? I would love to know.

Shalom, Shirl