i have my sigmoidoscopy in about an hour

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Feb 17, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

trying to r/o things i have no muscle tone on my right side of my rectum...needless to say it has been a problem...dr...said let's start here for i do have ibs,,i had lower gi back when i was 17 years old and they said i had diverticulosis...then

now the dr said it could be my back and i may need another mri for the thoracic area as well... i got thinking maybe it was from my shingles last feb...it attacked my right side of my hiney, sciatica...which of course i already had problems with that area already..

well i will give up date when i get home and after i eat something...

jodie
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

What in the world is a sigmoidoscopy? It sounds rough! I do hope it went well for you. It is hard to not eat when you have to have tests done. Well, eating I can do without, but not my coffee, haha!
    Let us know how the test went!
    I'll be praying for your good results!
    Kelly
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

basically they take alike a mini telescope thing and look at your insides of your lower bowels...pump it up with air in this thing to open up the bowels to see if there is any cancer, polps, chrohons. bleeding infections...ibs...

i came out fine as far as not cancer...but my muscle tone is not good in the rectum...he said i really need to be careful and eat enough fiber and drink water...so next we need to see if i amhaving problems because of bulging discs in spine...

jodie
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

That does not sound fun!I bet you are glad to have it over with.
    Take Care
    Kelly