I have problems with little jerk shocks especially at night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by VickyB, Jan 2, 2003.

1. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Right before I go to sleep, I notice that my body jerks all over. My foot will jerk then my hand or arm (like I said all over). It happens during the day too, it just really bugs me at night when I am trying to sleep. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Thanks, Sleeper01
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Just another one of our silly quirks. Some take klonipin for it I think, you will hear the remedy here, if there is one.

Jaci
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My 'jerking' at night has almost completely gone. It was due to taking magnesium. It seems to sooth the muscles, therefore it stops the jerking. I also take ZMA for sleep, more magnesium.

I used to wake up like I was hit with a thunderbolt!

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2003]
  4. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi VickyB

Yes, just as I lie down waiting to drop off to sleep I'll get involuntary jerking; legs and sometimes in chest that
    makes me gasp for a breath. What the heck causes it?

Quite scary at first, thought I was having a heart attack.
    Took myself to ER one night as chest jerking casued entire ribcage to shutdown and had a squeezing feeling up middle of chest up under chin. They ran tests and were all negative. Have since found there's a trigger point in the belly that can cause this. Sigh!

I've not noticed it so much lately - have just begun with a heap of supplements so maybe they're helping already.

Hope you get it under control.
    Regards
    Gill
  5. popgun

popgun New Member

I take 20 mlgs of Paxil 2hrs before bed , it works 95% of the time.
  6. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

And just to second that magnesium supplementation will almost certainly help.

--Marcus

PS. Most of the little jerks I encounter seem to be neurologists.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2003]
  7. achy

achy New Member

I've been taking mag for two months now...no change.
    how much should you take and when?

If I toss one more thing across the room I'm gunna start tieing things to my hand!

Warm fuzzies
    Achy

[ advertisement ]