I have reflux too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna275, Jul 11, 2006.

1. donna275

donna275 New Member

and I have been on Protonix and Aciphex. Protonix helped the first couple of days and then I started getting different symptoms in my chest so the doctor gave me Aciphex which helped for about a month and then I started getting the same chest symptoms. My doctor said that those medicines turn off the acid pumps in your stomach which in turn could give you other symptoms because then you would not have enough acid.

So, he told me to try Pepcid AC (?) or Zantec. These are the older drugs for reflux that don't turn off the acid. He is hoping that this will be an "in between" fix for me. I have not tried them yet but will soon.

Donna
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have reflux too.I take Losec when it gets really bad. Sometimes using DGL lozenges can be helpful, also aloe vera juice, and eating smaller meals. With me it is worsened by stress.

Good luck.
    Kathy.
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I've had to take Rx medication for reflux for about 10 years now. I was on Losec for the first 8 but it's efficacy started waning and my Dr switched me to Pantaloc.

This has been working fine for the past two years. Sometimes with Losec I'd have to double the dose but I haven't had to with this one.

My reflux caused me to have ear pain, chest pain, sore throats, etc. It's a nasty condition.

Regards,

Eileen
  4. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Nexium works for me most of the time. It is Rx.