I have Social Security Disability ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaltair, Jun 23, 2008.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I received a payment before I received the decision. Now I'm waiting on a decision regarding retirement disability ... based on medical and not work related. I'm very happy about the decision as the extra amount (over what I would have received at 62) will help cover continued insurance from my work.

For those who know me, you know what I've been going through over this past year and for those who might be newer, my story is under my "handle."
  2. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I am very happy for you !!!! Party hard!!!
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

Wow...that is great. I was wondering how you can collect retirement disabilty and SSDI? I thought about filing for it as I worked for my employer for 30 years...but instead I decided to just collect my regular pension and apply for SSDI instead.

Let me know how it works out.

4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thank you for the response and support. Jsq, I'll let you know how it goes. Collecting the retirement disability is a difficult process. I've filed for retirement and will get regular until I have a determination by the retirement board. There is a time limit after a person files for retirement to file for disability retirement. You may want to check with your past employer. I'll try to remember (LOL about that one!) to post what the outcome is for you.

DRAGONSGIRL New Member

6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thank you!!