I have some news to share!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Mar 6, 2009.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

I wanted to share some happy news - I am expecting my 4th baby!! I am so excited - I am in my 20th week. Everything is going really well with the pregnancy. I was very nervous at first, because we really weren't planning on having another baby. I had to have some tests done in the beginning, so I didn't tell my family or anyone until very recently. I wanted to be sure that all was going to be ok. I was so nervous about my family's reaction - I thought they would yell at me and tell me I was crazy, but they didn't. They are really excited too.

It's been a little rough on me with the FM, though - I wrote about it on the FM board also seeking advice. I have been REALLY tired, and I don't remember being this exhausted with my other 3. In fact, I felt wonderful while pregnant with my other babies. I had tons of energy and I think since I was taking better care of myself (eating right, exercising, ect....) I felt great. I'm trying this time to exercise, but it's been tough.

I don't know if it's a boy or girl and I don't plan on finding out. I didn't find out with my other babies - it was so exciting to wait so long and then hear if they were a boy or girl the moment they were born. I am going in for my 3rd ultrasound next week, and I can find out the sex then, but I won't. DH wants to know, but I told him we can wait.

So - I just wanted to share some happy news with you all. I wish I would have started a journal of some sort when this pregnancy began, because I never did that before. I think this will be my last baby, so I am definitely cherishing every moment of this pregnancy.
  2. jole

jole Member

What wonderful news! Babies are the miracles of life, and I'm so happy for you! I wish you all the best with your new "adventure"....less pain and fatigue, good sleep, and a wonderful, healthy little one! Many happy days ahead to you, sweetie! ***Jole***
  3. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

God's blessings for a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby! Jeanne
  4. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

That's wonderful...life's little surprises, huh! I was never patient enough to wait, and wanted to know the sex asap!

I have written about my pregnancy experience before...if you click on my username, there should be some posts with the pregnancy title in it...I've bumped them a few times recently.

I was one who had no relief with any of my pregnancies, but realitively easy deliveries.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask, although it's been a few years! Will there be anyone to help you once she/he's born? I had my mom to come out and stay with me and that made a big difference in my recovery.

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

You are so excited as well you should be. I was very excited with each of my 5 children. The girls (all 4 of them) were 2 years apart. Well, then was the big surprise #5 andit actually turned out to be a boy after 5 girls. He was about 5 years younger thana the youngest girl. Yep, I was busy !!

I loved being pregnant and loved all the kids when they were born and especially little babies. I neverwas morning sick one day except when I think I had some kind of virus.

How old are your children and are they boys or girls? I know you will love whatever it turns out to be. I never knew what sex they were going to be till they were born as we didn't have ultrasounds then - Gee, see how old I am (-: !! Patience, you can wait but then again it is up to you anyway. The only advantage I can see is in buying the wardrobe or painting the room or figuring out where they will sleep. However, you really don't need to know that right away afataer he/she is born. However, whatever happend to yellow and other pastel colors with clothes and room shades (-: !!

Yes, mom's can be a lot of help, if she doesn't live to far or can get away for you. My mom was a big help esp. when I had the last few babies.

Lots of blessings and hugs go your way !!

6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

My daughter is expecting her second baby and she is 24 weeks. We know it is a boy but I know what you mean about the excitment of finding out right after the baby is born.

There is an online journal you can sign up for. It's really interesting as it tells week by week how the baby is developing, what your body is going through, and other's can leave comments.

The name of the site is babycrowd.com .

Keep us posted how you are doing.

Take care.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so happy for you....it's wonderful to see some exciting news here.

8. springwater

springwater Active Member

Extremely surprised....Congratulations!

You seem so excited. I too never knew what the babies were, tho i did have a stressful time because there is so much pressure to produce boys in the family.

Everyone (psychologists, doctors, life coaches, all) say a happy cheerful mama begets a happy healthy baby, so heres wishing you a joyful pregnancy. Take good care of yourself.

God Bless
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Congratulations Dear!,,,This is wonderful news!,,,I hope all goes well for you and the Baby,,,,I'm sure your other childern will be happy to have a Baby Brother or sister around!,,,,,,,wow you really kept this a secret!,,,My Niece did that last year, she was about 20 weeks along before she told us all,,,our Mouths dropped open and the look on her face was pricless!,,,,,,,,,They have a beautiful little girl now who just happens to have a big brother too!,,,,,,,God Bless!,,,,,HUgs!,,,Sis
  10. kbak

kbak Member

Congrads kjade!
    I'm very happy for you! I know this won't be easy for you, but I wish you many blessing and a good pregnancy.

Take care,

11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

congratulations, I'm really happy for you and hope everything goes well.

My daughter is expecting her first baby, she's 17 weeks. She has M.E./CFS/Fibro too and is extremely exhausted so its probably everything to do with our DDs.

Take it easy with the exercise, it can backfire on us.

12. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

i almost started crying (from joy of course!) when I read this post. I cannot begin to tell you just how happy I am for you and your family. I was nervous when I had my third (and last) baby, and did fatigue a little easier, especially late in the afternoon toward dinner time. I chalked it up to being a bit older, and busier.

Try to rest whenever you can squeeze it in. Your on the right track--making sure to eat sensibly and exercise a bit. A brisk walk every day now that the weather is picking up would be great for you.

I never wanted to know the sex of my last baby until the ultrasound when the tech said she had a really clear shot and asked me if I wanted to know the sex of the baby. I blurted out "Yes!" and before I could really think about it she verified another girl!

Thanks for sharing your happy news with us. Please keep us posted on your progress and I hope you feel better with each passing day.

13. kjade

kjade New Member

Aw, you all are so sweet!! Thank you so much for the congrats and good wishes. I hope you all don't mind if I talk alot about it, cause basically it's all I can think about or talk about these days. I've had a rough couple of weeks with life issues (my dog passing, job and financial stresses, the endless running around that I must do, ect) so my body is definitely paying the price. I only pray that this DD does not affect this baby. But I don't want to think about that...only happy thoughts.

I have 2 boys, who are 9 and 6, and one girl who is 3. Now, my husband wasn't thrilled at first when I told him (I told him on Christmas Eve, even though I knew before Thanksgiving...I waited so long because I was nervous about his reaction. I wrapped the 1st ultrasound pic and the preg test in a box). He is a WONDERFUL father...I am very lucky. But he did say before that he was done having babies. Anyway, he wasn't jumping up and down at first, but now he is really excited. We aren't young anymore like we were with the 1st one, so I think he is worried about how we will handle nighttime feedings and even more chaos in the home.

My daughter is a total Daddy's Girl - but he says he doesn't want anymore girls. LOL. I told him he's the one who actually determines the sex, so....haha. I know he will be thrilled with whatever we have. I think he secretly worries about our daughter when she starts dating, and doesn't want the added stress with 2 girls!

My oldest son is thrilled. He is very interested in the pregnancy and what is going on with me. He even watches "The Baby Story" with me. He is the cutest thing. He was so excited he told my father-in-law and my nephew (when I hadn't told my brother and SIL yet). He is already a great big brother, so I know he will be a huge help with the new baby.

I am just soooo excited, now that I am past the first trimester. I can feel the baby moving now all the time (which is my favorite part) and my belly is now big enough that I can actually wear my maternity clothes without looking ridiculous. Plus now you can tell I'm pregnant...instead of just looking like I put on a lot of weight. I only told my mom 4 weeks ago, and I asked her if she could tell, and she just said "well I did notice that you gained a lot of weight". :( I think she's excited to have another grandchild - the youngest ones are 3, so it will be so wonderful to have another baby.

I'm scared of the delivery though. Each of my deliveries were very different. Sometime I will have to tell how those went. The last one was so quick that I didn't even have time for an epidural and her birth was quite traumatic because I was Group B strep positive and didn't have time for the antibiotic, and she had meconium. Plus my water had broken first, and that is what happened with my 1st one, and he ended up with pneumonia. Her delivery was PURE CHAOS. I barely remember it, actually. All I remember is my husband yelling to push, and I remember them saying "it's a girl". What a thrilling moment that was! I thought she was a boy for sure. I was in total shock when they said girl. I think I said "wait, a girl? What?" We really didn't even have any girl names picked out - that is how certain I was she was a boy! That is why I like to wait.

When you see that baby for the first time...it is just pure magic. The whole world seems to stop. It becomes so real to actually see this tiny little person that was inside you seconds before. I remember those 3 times being the happiest moments of my life. I am so excited to experience it again (but I could do without the labor and delivery though.) Since it will be my 4th, I am terrified it is just going to fall out or I won't get to the hospital on time....

OH! I've written too much already. Sorry. But thank you all again. I will certainly let you know how things are going. :)
  14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Yes, I know what you mean about not believing it when you finally had your girl. I felt the same way after I had 4 girls and the doc said it was a boy. I didn't believe him till they showed me.

Again, good luck and enjoy the baby while he is so tine as they grow much to fast. I am sure you know that one already (-: !! I loved being pregnant too and feeling the baby move and all that. Of course when I was pregnant there ws no sonograms or ultrsounds to take pics and show others, and figure out the sex, etc.

Enjoy, my dear and please do take care of yourself.

15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I am so so happy for you and your family. This is wonderful news. I am also so Jealous, LOL. I would love to have another at this time of my life, only if I can skip the teenage years. LOL, no just kidding, that is all part of it, the bad, the good, and the most wonderful. It is all worth it.

Again, congratulations Kjade!!!!!!!

16. kjade

kjade New Member

Yes, Mickey - I have heard all about the teenage years - not looking forward to those! LOL. The toddler years aren't always a bowl of cherries either.

I had my 21 week ultrasound yesterday. The baby looks perfect. I was able to see all the little fingers and toes. So cute. At one point, it looked like it was giving a "thumbs up" and she caught a picture of that. She asked us if we wanted to know the sex and I said no. So when she went to that area, she turned the screen away so we couldn't peek. It was driving me crazy not to know, but I held out. She didn't even drop any hints by mistake, which was really nice.

The only thing I'm concerned about is she said the placenta is lying really low. Which can become a problem. The Dr said it usually moves up as the pregnancy progresses, so I hope so. I had the same problem with my 3rd baby, but it moved much earlier than this. So I am kinda nervous about it.

The baby was moving like crazy during the whole thing. I guess it didn't like her pushing on my belly so hard! LOL. Well thank you all again for the stories and the good wishes. I do appreciate it. :)

17. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

aren't you the sly fox! Goodness, gracious, me what a big secret you've been hiding!

Best of luck to you and the wee bairn!

Good to know if there's a placenta-previa situation well in advance so that you can opt for a C-section if needs be. In the old days it was such a crap shoot. You will know what the deal is and that is a very good thing!

My eldest stepson's partner is expecting now, as in: NOW, get this baby out of me! First grand in the family. We are all very grateful to this wonderful woman who is taking us all over this very important life hurdle!

May all go smoothly for you and the bairn whether a 'c' or no - a 'c' is fine, you'll be completely ok and so will the babe.

Peace to you and yours and theirs and all the ripples...
  18. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Mickey is right, the teenager years are....there are no words!! I sometmes would say, when they were little, if I would yell, they would cry. Now they yell, and I cry! LOL!! Seriously, there is an overwhelming amount of joy and pride that evolves as they grow into adulthood too.

Don't worry too much right now about the placenta lying low. Your doctor is correct, it does usually move up as the pregnancy progresses. When I was expecting the twins, they were breach almost until the end. The doctor said if at least the 'A' baby didn't turn (the 'B' baby would follow), I would have to have a C-section. I thought the chances of even the 'A' baby turning was marginal at best, since it was so tight in there with the two of them--they wound up being 7 lbs 5 oz and 6 lbs 3 oz respectively at birth. Well one night, at about my eighth month, I was lying on the couch when my huge round belly went diagonal! It was freaky! My husband and I just stared at it, incredulous, since I could actually feel them turning! And I went on to deliver them naturally--with no drugs or epidural at all. On the fourth of July! So you never know, things can correct themselves, even toward the end of the pregnancy. Think positive. Also, since it corrected itself with your third pregnancy, it probably will with this one too.

Just wondering, and you don't have to answer of course, even though you don't know the sex of the baby, are you feeling boy or girl? I always knew without being told--girls. I was thinking about it not too long ago, and hubby and I realized that he, his brother, and all his male cousins on his mother's side (and there's quite a few of them) have all fathered girls only--not a single boy! Curious, isn't it?

Hugs to you--Laura
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2009]
  19. kjade

kjade New Member

You know, this really is hard some days having FM and being pregnant. On top of not being able to take any meds (my Dr ok'ed Lyrica at very low dose, but I think I will stop it, and she said I can't really take Ibuprofen, even though it's the only thing that helps on really bad days...) I must just continue on.

I work FT at a desk job (a very stressful job at that, but I am thankful to have my job) and then taking care of the other 3 kids when I get home is just really wearing me down some days. Yesterday, I was in so much pain, I could barely walk. Something was wrong with the tops of my feet and my back/hips. I nearly fell asleep at my desk several times....ugh. But today was much better...I had so much more energy and not a lot of pain. Strange how that works. But I just try to think of this beautiful little miracle and it helps get me through those tougher times.

Congrats Rafiki on the new addition coming soon to your family! That is wonderful news! I hope all goes well - oh, you must be so excited! Babies are so wonderful!

Laura, thank you for telling me about the placenta issue. It's scary, but I guess not that uncommon. I wish I had my own ultrasound machine though here at home so I could check it everyday myself! LOL. I can't imagine carrying twins. I already feel huge, and I have 4 months to go! Your girls were pretty big for being twins. My cousin recently had twin girls and they were both over 7 lbs. That just sounds rough.

To answer your question, I'm not really sure what this one feels like. I know with my 1st, everyone said it was a girl because of the way I was carrying, how my face looked, ect...well they were all wrong. With my 2nd, it was the same thing. So many people told me I was having a girl (b/c of how I looked) that I thought I was too. Well, wrong again! I felt pretty good with those 2 pregnancies. I had a lot of energy; no morning sickness; no major problems....
    Well, I thought for sure my 3rd was a boy too - I guess I just assumed it would be. Everyone else thought boy too, since I already had 2. Well, wrong again! This time, part of me thinks boy, only because I am not emotional at all. With my daughter, everything made me cry when I was pregnant with her (and I never cry). Other than that, I don't notice any difference, other than I think I look terrible. And they say that girls steal your energy and looks, while boys wait until they are born to upset you (or something like that I think). So I have no idea.

I think I kind of also think boy because my brother has 3 girls and 1 boy and it would make sense for me to be the opposite. I know that has nothing to do with it, but still. Also, in my family (cousins & other family) there hasn't been a boy born since 2002 - it's been all girls, except for one boy born a couple months ago.

Sorry, I see this is too long again! See, I just can't shut up about babies!!

20. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Your posts are not too long, they are "too" adorable...oh, man your descriptions actually had me wishing for a moment I could be pregnant again too, actually wanting another baby...something I've NEVER desired after having my third baby, and she's ten. You do have a way with words!

I worked full time with my second all the way to 36 weeks and have no idea how I accomplished that but it was rough. I can feel how tired you are, not to mention the aches and pains...so be good to yourself and delegate whatever you can so you can keep your strength.

Take Care,