**I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY**

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by healthywannabe, Apr 21, 2003.

1. healthywannabe

healthywannabe New Member

Hello all. I hope you all had a lovely easter! I just wanted to say how much this board has truly helped me. I have been bedridden for three long months and friends have stopped calling. My biggest support is my mom and shes great but i was feeling so isolated from the world because I can hardly get out of bed. Then i decided i needed to do something diffrent so i wouldn't become deppressed, and I made a laying spot on the floor with the mouse and keyboard next to me and found this website. Everyone of my posts people have replied, and seriously, each reply always makes my day and makes me so happy.Thank you all so much!!! you have really helped me through this!!!!! Peace..ZOe
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2003]
  2. lmn

lmn New Member

glad you found this website. as your screen name suggests, this is your first step....good luck!
    lmn
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

It is great to have a connection with those who have felt and are feeling what we go through. I have found the same happiness here, feeling much less isolated. Best wishes in your quest for wellness.
    LL
  4. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

I like your spirit! Hope to hear more from you. I can't come here everyday but when I can, I do and like you I find this website to be such a great support. I admire your mindset to change things for the better. That one small step from the bed to the laying spot on the floor was a victory and I pray you will have many more as you communicate with the people here. They have much to give and are so willing to help. You can ask just about anything here and someone will relate to you and share their experience & knowledge. We are all so different but we all have one common goal...to make our life better inspite of our illness. Here's to better days for all of us. Your name is a perfect reminder of this. My best to you. CLD
  5. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi Zoe, I'm so happy that you found us. I've never been bed ridden, but have come very close. There are so many people here that understand what you are going through and we will give you all the support and understanding that we can. I to felt very isolated from everyone.I don't have a car anymore as I've given up driving,and your right when you say friends stop coming. It's so nice here to know that you have folks that are interested in how you are feeling . Those that you can talk to no matter what.So Welcome aboard.Ihope you find many friends here. God Bless Danisue
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have a wonderful Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Zoe. As you probably know, your name means "Life" in Greek. I can tell by your post, that no matter how weak your body may be right now, your spirit is still very much full of life. Zoe is a very good name for you! Keep on hanging in there.,
    Hugs,
    Klutzo
  7. Solstice

Solstice New Member

You are a real Trooper! I too admire your spirit!

It is hard to lose our friends due to our limitations.
    You are wise to reach out. We need to in order to feel connected to others.

Are you starting to feel any better yet? I hope you will start to feel stronger each day.

Love to you dear one,

Solstice
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

and the members! You sure sound like a fighter.

I hope you get well soon, and are able to do all those things you would like to do with your friends.

Take care, and come visit with us as often as you want, we are all glad to know we have helped in some small way.

You have made my day with your post!

Shalom, Shirl
  9. Dara

Dara New Member

I'm happy for you that you found this great message board. I try to look at the postings every day but some days I just can't make it upstairs to get to the computer. I don't always reply, not as much as I should anyway, but I don't know what I would do without the support and information that I've gotten from this board. I am glad you figured a way to use your computer, smart girl!! I'm glad you've got your Mom there for emotional support.

Dara
  10. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Just wanted to say it is great to have you here. It is like a big family even tho' we are from all over the world. (I am from Australia and a grannie)and is great to have others who know and understand what we are dealing with. Love Ozgran.