I have stopped snoring – a lot

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Darren1, May 11, 2014.

1. Darren1

Darren1 Member

I am so excited that I wanted to share this with the world. I have snored for more than a decade and I have finally managed to reduce my snoring to a drastic amount. My wife says that it is hardly noticeable (which is a far cry from ‘if you snore louder I’ll murder you’) anymore and she can rest comfortably.

For me the trick was not necessarily some gadget (though some helped better than others) but I also found that losing a lot of weight (I am talking 60 plus pounds in two years) has helped me. Going low-carb might have started as a fad diet but once I noticed that it helped me actually reduce my overall caloric intake, it was better.

Just wanted to share because I thought it was exciting news for someone like myself! Any other success stories here?
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Such good news, sleeping with a snorer has got to be the worst for all.....I don't think I snore, but I do sleep alone and don't wake myself up with snores.....I still remember my mom and dad with their trials and tribulations in this area...mom finally moved to the spare bedroom. Less weight on the old body is always a good move. jam
  3. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

It's terrific when losing weight helps someone overcome snoring and apnea. However, I'm thin and fit and still have apnea. I have a small airway and a long palette, so it's just my anatomy that causes apnea (I don't snore).

I use a dental device for the apnea, and it works fine.