I have supplements madwolf!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by benton, Jun 7, 2003.

1. benton

benton New Member

Hi Madwolf

I went out this morning and stocked up on some of the supplements that you suggested..

Today i will have taken, a mega multi-vitamin, 800mg magnesium, 1200mg calcium, MSM 2250mgs and 1 mg of Boron. Does this sound ok to you? I looked for Malic Acid but couldnt find that anywhere. Anything else i need?

Im sitting here waiting for something to happen, just a bit of energy would be nice. How long before i notice any change or start to feel a little human? Please dont say several weeks! LOL

Thanks for all your advice, i really appretiate it

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Its not Madwolf, its MadShirl! One thing you are doing wrong, and that is taking all those different supplements at ONE time.

If something does not agree with you, you will have to quit everything to find out which one it is.

You need to take one new suppement for at least a week or two, then add another, etc.

Also, you can get Malic Acid here at Pro Health, just go to the 'Store' link and type in Malic Acid.

The supplements, vitamins, herbs, minerals at Pro Health are designed for FM/CFS. I have been taking these products before I came on this board, they are priced right too. Wonderful quality..........

Now you can get the information from Madwolf too!

Shalom, Shirl

3. benton

benton New Member

Shirl

Thanks for that. Im a bit of a virgin with this, havent used any supplements before, Madwolf suggested them.
    I can see what you mean about introducing them one by one, makes perfect sense now you've said it! LOL im a fog brain sometimes...
    Ive been a bit worried today actually, do you mind if i ask you something? Ive been having chest pains on and off since last night. Not crippling, just sharp pains every few hours. Only when i move around really and i get breathless too. Ive just started a new antidepressant this week called celexa. Could it be to do with that? Dont want to scare myself or overeact.. could it be muscular? Can this happen with fibro? Im in the middle of my first flare and dont know what to expect next!!

Thank you very much for your advice. This room is a godsend.. btw im in the uk.

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
    [This Message was Edited on 06/07/2003]
  4. benton

benton New Member

Going up please!!
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Mandy

I did find some malic acid in GNC, Holland and Barrett may be worth a try too. My stomach will not tolerate it so have not gone any further into sourcing that.

You can order from immune support and most of their supps are very good. However, be warned you can be charged VAT and a handling charge. I thought this hadn't happened when last supps arrived but received an invoice from the carriers this morning.

I agree with Shirl one at a time and start with low doses too. Just use mega multi vit see how you go then go onto next. If you take too much mg at first you may get diarrhea.
    Might be best to get ZMA first (available from most health stores that sell supps for body builders) then top up the magnesium later.

Cheers

Tansy
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't help with Celexa, have never taken an antidepressant. Just Xanax for racing brain in the evening.

As for that chest pain, yes I do get it and mine is from the FM and Costachondriasis (inflamation where the muscles join to bones of the ribcage), it seems to go with the FM, also get pain in the muscles of my chest, feels like pleurisy, sharp pains. I get breathess from the pain, plus I get bronchitis sometimes, which makes it worst to breath with the pain.

BUT, it is best to have any chest pain check by the doctor as it could be something more serious. Madwolf will help with this more than I can.

That first bad flare is the worst, your imagination can run wild! Each flare is painful, but all seem to be a little different too.

Sure hope you are feeling better soon.

What part of the UK are you in? I love British history, have read it all my life, our American history is so small in comparison. There is no end to British history. I also like your Tony Blair.

Shalom, Shirl

7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

If you can't find malic acid, just eat an apple every day. They are loaded with it.
    If I were you, I would ease up to that amt. of Magnesium very slowly. A dose like that could have you sitting on the porcelain throne all day with diarreha! You can get used to it, but it takes awhile.
    Klutzo
  8. benton

benton New Member

Up we go
  9. benton

benton New Member

Shirl

Hi, thank you for the reply again, and thanks to everyone else too.
    Im from Birmingham in the West Midlands Shirl. I also like Tony Blair, but im afraid he hasnt done himself any favours over here, with his decision to go to war. Hes lost his popularity, ok thats enough, im not going to get all political! LOL

Chest pain has bothered me on and off all day again. It hurts to breath in too deep, and im breathless when i walk around. Never had this before, i hope its a one-off, i dont like it one bit. The bone that runs down the centre of my chest is really painful, i can barely touch it. Damn this horrible illness.

Take care all,

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  10. benton

benton New Member

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
  11. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Mandy

Just another few thoughts, can never remember everything at once, you know how it goes.

Years ago I went to this fantastic doctor who practised nutritional medicine, he did tests for nutritional deficiencies etc through Biolab in London.

He had a lot of info sheets which he handed out to patients. In one of these he pointed out two things. One take it slowly as alreay discussed, two that there might be some problems as the beneficial effects of these supplements started to have their effect. I did experience some of this myself.

Next have you tried the sea salt and water regime, lots find it helps and it may ease the pain down a bit.

Cheers

Tansy
  12. benton

benton New Member

No, i havent tried that yet tansy, but im open to anything right now. Woke up feeling awful again today. Looked outside and its tipping it down.
    I wish this horrible chest pain would go, is there anything i can do to help it? Wahhhhh, i dont want to be a fibromite anymore!!!

Thank you all again

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  13. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Just a comment:

You usually are supposed to have a 2 to 1 ratio
    or calcium to magnesium. So with 1200 calcium,
    you would need 600 magnesium. You also need
    to split the 1200 calcium into two sep. times.
    The body can't absorb that much at one time.
    Calcium is absorbed best when taken with Vitamin
    D, usually about 400 I.U. Does your multivitamin
    have it? It probably does. Be careful with the
    magnesium - it causes diarhhea. Ease it up
    gradually.

I would also add acidophilus to your list. It helps
    your instestines by providing good bacteria.
    The one I use has six strains and FOS. You can
    choose whichever one you want. I think they sell
    a good one here, without the FOS.

Good luck

Hope your megavitamin isn't too mega!!! Too much
    of anything is never good.

Lynn
  14. benton

benton New Member

hi

Thanks for your advice, im very grateful.
    I will take all the help i can get right now. Not sure what im doing, just experimenting really. First flare, hope it ends soon. Im signed off work for 3 more weeks, then im expected back.. i seem to be getting one symptom after another these days. Chest pain is the latest one, and what feels like bleeding under my skin in my shoulder.. Grrrr. I just want to wake up and be well again, its been ages since ive done that..

It helps so much to be surrounded by othere fibromites who are so willing to give advice and support. Thanks

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  15. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Mandy

Although 2 to 1 generally considered correct this nutritional doctor preferred to put patients like us on 3 to 2, in otherwords 2/3 magnesium to the amount of calcium. That's what worked for most of his patients.

Magnesium should be taken away from calcium supplement and foods containing calcium. Your multi vit/min will no doubt have lots of calcium so take that in the morning. Thanks to what I've learnt through this board I would recomend starting any Mg supplementation by using ZMA on an empty stomach at night. Then later topping up the MG with the glyconate form if you think you need it.

Good luck.

Cheers

Tansy
  16. benton

benton New Member

Hi
    Thanks to everyone for their advice. Boy, isnt it complicated? All these supplements and amounts to take etc.. i suppose it will sink into the foggy brain eventually.
    I'd better print these replies off i think..LOL

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  17. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Tansy,

I didn't realize that - or else I forgot!
    I haven't been taking or magnesium for over a
    year because I have diarhhea without it.
    I even take narcotics which are supposed
    to be constipating. Doesn't seem to matter.

I have the ZMA and only took one so far.
    I had a sharp pain in my stomach after I
    took it so I didn't take it again. I don't know if
    it was that or a coincidence. I plan to take
    it again. My stomach has been and continues
    to be upset a lot.

Lynn
  18. tansy

tansy New Member

I find some evenings it hurts my stomach more than others. Finally sussed that I needed it take it slightly closer to last meal, that helped. Didn't think it helped with sleep but last three nights have had more than in previous month. Might be coincidence, only time will tell.

Good luck

Cheers

Tansy