I have this horrible fear......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedB, Jul 11, 2003.

1. RedB

RedB New Member

that someone will discover the cure for Fibromyalgia, and the cure won't help me, or it will make me sick. Wouldn't that just be the kicker?

Kathy
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Talk about taking the wind out of your sails, that would sure do it!

Okay now get your positive thinking back, your new mantra should be:

Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.
  3. Dogtired

Dogtired New Member

Hi Kathy,
    I share that fear at times, and the fear that I will get worse and won't be able to do anything for myself.
    I try to let it pass through me and not take over my thoughts where it could fester/cause some self-fulfilling outcomes.
    I think it is normal to feel afraid sometimes with these weird diseases and I'm glad you spoke up!
    Hope you feel more hopeful SOON.
    -Kristi :)
  4. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

Never Forget

Your presence is a gift to the world,
    You're unique and one of a kind.
    Your life can be what you want it to be -
    Take it one day at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles,
    And you'll make it through what comes along.
    Within you are so many answers,
    Understand, have courage, be strong.

Don't put limits on yourself,
    Your dreams are waiting to be realized.
    Don't leave your important decisions to chance -
    Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying -
    The longer a problem is carried, the heavier it gets.
    Don't take things too seriously -
    Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way -
    Remember that a lot goes forever.
    Remember that friendship is a wise investment,
    Life's treasures are people... together.

Have health and hope and happiness,
    Take the time to wish on a star.
    And don't ever forget for even a day...
    How very special YOU are!
  5. dsames

dsames New Member

Thanks Forever Flaring for your beautiful and meaningfull thoughts. I needed that.
    Love Shirley
  6. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I'm not sure why, but your post made me laugh....
  7. RedB

RedB New Member

I actually was trying to give people a chuckle. I forget that things don't always come out the same when written.

Thank you to everyone who thought I was having a hard time dealing with my FM, because I really have had a rough week with it. I didn't mean to let everyone think that I was going into deep depression over this. Irritation, yes, but depression, no.

Foreverflaring, your post was beautiful. Thank you for making me feel special. I have a wonderful life, and I do count my blessings every day.

About my post, though, I do sometimes have this thought, because for some reason my illness often seems so different from the rest of you. Somehow, I just don't feel like I quite "fit". I have no idea why, but I sure hope that day never comes when they discover the big cure, and it doesn't mean me! :eek:)

Thank you all....

Kathy
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I already have that fear every time I read a post about how one of us is feeling so much better on antibiotic treatment for mysoplasma infection, and I wonder if that is really the key...
    I am allergic to every antibiotic used to treat mycoplasmas. I hope to G-d that is not the cause of our illness, and that not all of us have such infections.
    Klutzo
  9. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

and....my glass is half full LOL

good one.
    alice
  10. hazygal

hazygal New Member

I've got a twin sister who is worried i'm going to die. And when I read what you said it sounded like words my sister would say about me. Sometimes she calls me and says "I've got this feeling your going to die of whatever this is that you have." Usually I'll say, "but first you've got to have a basis for that." It is just a fear that is irrational, but very real to you... I've got them too, I think we all do to some degree right? Mine is my husband or kids dying... No basis there what-so-ever! Just my worst fear... I wake up to it. Or one is losing my home do to financial reasons... No basis there because we are doing okay financially, see? Your going to be okay with this just fight it. When I get extremely fearful, everything is out the window... But lately, I say to myself, "I'm sick of this, this is stupid to worry myself to death (oops) for no reason and push on through my day...That is, if it is a good day (one where I can do things). hazygal
  11. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have had a sleep study which showed severe delayed sleep phase onset (night owl, that's me!), and no delta sleep, with 40% alpha-wave intrustion into theta sleep. Definitely the Fibro pattern!

My IGF-1 is "normal" at 103, but 200 or more is the desireable level at my age. BTW, did you know that the lower your IGF-1 is, the less likely you are to recover if you have a heart attack? It makes sense, since a heart attack causes so much tissue damage that needs to be repaired, and without growth hormone there is no repair.

My immunos are all elevated, indicating immunity in overdrive, and predictably, I have boucoup allergies and chemical sensitivities.

Like you, I am also leery of long term antibiotics even if I were not allergic to them. What they do to the gut is horrendous. I think Olive Leaf Extract would be my first choice to try and treat these bugs, but I am more knowledgeable on nutrition, not herbs. OLE may not be strong enough, for all I know.

Klutzo
  12. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

This sounds like a recurrent nightmare I had that the university would take away my degree bcs they found out I was short 2 credits :). Merciful, it went away after a couple of years!

Personally, I think the serious research on FM and CFS has just begun, and they're going to find out that there are many different causes and cures for these dd's. It's kind of like the state of cancer research 30-40 years ago. Then, a cancer dx was a death sentence--now there is so much hope, but treatments (and cures) differ depending on the type of cancer. So I'm hopeful about the future, even tho I'm currently frustrated with current treatments.

LOL,
    Hilary